The past few weeks have been exciting times for us at ASSIMILATE.
We now have several customers - led by Mark and crew at OffHollywood - that are using the new SkullTrail systems to successfully lay off 1/2 rez High from 4K R3D files. The quality is amazing.
This afternoon at a facility in LA, we did the following for a dailies workflow:
1) Loaded 45 minutes of 16:9 4K R3D files into SCRATCH
2) They were shot with a 2:1 anamorphic lens, so we unsqueezed them
3) Added the RedLOG LUT
4) Resized to Fit Width to 1920 x 1080
5) Added two lines of burn-in
6) Added a layer of color correction as a one-light
7) Set 1/2 High Resolution
All this is realtime which we recorded in tests to both HDCAM at 4:2:2 and HDCAM-SR at dual-link 4:4:4.
Flawless. It was a huge moment for everyone in the room...
LA, CA, USA