Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: New to the RED ONE? Ask here.

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks Adam! I thought as much. Thanks for the help! You don't happen to know where i can find the RedLogfilm setting on the camera menu at all do you? Or is it something you change in Redcinepro which i can do.

Thanks!

Redcode 36 is actually totally fine for 90% of shots & saves media capacity if you're tight for media space. Use RC42 for shots with large amounts of moving detail e.g. wide shots of trees blowing in the wind, sun glinting on sea waves, wide shots of brick walls, panning/tilting shots of detailed textures, etc.
    DOP / Digital Lighting Camera Operator
    London, UK.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lee-Shield View Post
    Thanks Adam! I thought as much. Thanks for the help! You don't happen to know where i can find the RedLogfilm setting on the camera menu at all do you? Or is it something you change in Redcinepro which i can do.

Thanks!
    I don't own a Red One anymore, and when I did, I exclusively used RC3/RG3 for viewing / Raw View. Sorry about not being able to get that question.

(I've moved to a Scarlet Dragon)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ericyoung View Post
    Redcode 36 is actually totally fine for 90% of shots & saves media capacity if you're tight for media space. Use RC42 for shots with large amounts of moving detail e.g. wide shots of trees blowing in the wind, sun glinting on sea waves, wide shots of brick walls, panning/tilting shots of detailed textures, etc.
    redcode 28 is absolutely fine for 95% of shots.. however, dense vegetation, and especially bark (and leaves can get a little mushy) can benefit fron rc36 nd rc42 .. especially if pulling stills .. but is not essential for moving images IMO

..yorkshire moreland or similar..rc36/42 is essential IMO.. wide panoramic shots of nature benefit from higher redcode..but its not essential

if you are on a low budget, and harddisk is a little sparse.. rc28 all the time is fine..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Montville View Post
    I don't own a Red One anymore, and when I did, I exclusively used RC3/RG3 for viewing / Raw View. Sorry about not being able to get that question.

(I've moved to a Scarlet Dragon)
    Thanks again Adam, i think i'm doing alright using RED GAMMA 3 at the moment and then converting it to REDLOGFILM in REDCINEPRO. Again, your knowledge is much appreciated!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by egon touste View Post
    redcode 28 is absolutely fine for 95% of shots.. however, dense vegetation, and especially bark (and leaves can get a little mushy) can benefit fron rc36 nd rc42 .. especially if pulling stills .. but is not essential for moving images IMO

..yorkshire moreland or similar..rc36/42 is essential IMO.. wide panoramic shots of nature benefit from higher redcode..but its not essential

if you are on a low budget, and harddisk is a little sparse.. rc28 all the time is fine..
    Hi Egon,

I've heard that this is the case. Thankfully i have plenty of space, what with the hard drive and several media cards, so i should be ok shooting in either 38 or 42. Thanks for the insight though!
    Regards
    Nick

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lee-Shield View Post
    Thanks again Adam, i think i'm doing alright using RED GAMMA 3 at the moment and then converting it to REDLOGFILM in REDCINEPRO. Again, your knowledge is much appreciated!
    ..obviously, when you say "convert".. you actually just mean "re-interpret" .. these settings are not burned into the files..unless viewing in one or the other changes the way you expose etc.. its all just meta data..

8. #48 RED One menu setup problems 
    A few RED One problems here.

Problem 1 :

Suddenly the menu on the Red One is not visible anymore. I can acces the settings by looking at the LCD screen. Previously i could see the red tabs with submenus
    on my monitor. Now they are gone somehow. For example when i put it on Colour Temp. I see the word "Colour temp" on the monitor but not the submenus's like
    "auto wb, tungsten, dayligh, manual" etc.

Problem 2:

When i change my ISO nothing happens. Weather i set it to 200 or 1600 nothing changes.

Problem 2:

Audio input, the only input that seems to work is channel 1, no signal input on 2-4, also changing from mic to line does not work

Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Groenewegen View Post
    A few RED One problems here.

Problem 1 :

Suddenly the menu on the Red One is not visible anymore. I can acces the settings by looking at the LCD screen. Previously i could see the red tabs with submenus
    on my monitor. Now they are gone somehow. For example when i put it on Colour Temp. I see the word "Colour temp" on the monitor but not the submenus's like
    "auto wb, tungsten, dayligh, manual" etc.

Problem 2:

When i change my ISO nothing happens. Weather i set it to 200 or 1600 nothing changes.

Problem 2:

Audio input, the only input that seems to work is channel 1, no signal input on 2-4, also changing from mic to line does not work

Thanks for your help

Hi,

1 - is your monitor one of Red's own, or connected to the HD-SDI or HDMI outputs? If the latter, check the monitor settings under System -> Monitor

2 - are you sure you're not monitoring in Raw mode? Video -> View

3 - do you have recording enabled for the other channels? System -> Sound -> Rec enable

Cheers!
    Thomas Freundlich
    filmmaker :: choreographer ::
    CEO & creative lead, Lumikinos Production
    www.lumikinosproduction.com :: showreel
    Red One MX # 10139 & 10229

Thanks so much Thomas! The original RED monitor had a button in the right top, pushing that brought the menu back and you were right on points 2 & 3. Problem solved!