Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Shut up and shoot that RED (NSFW)

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Hi,
    ....and by decreasing the prices of EPIC and declaring the BT RED MX they have killed the second hand EPIC and MX market......now you have to stay with your EPIC and get the Dragon upgrade

There is no exit route to this unless you want to throw away your gear at ridiculously low prices...

Harcharan
    AVAILABLE NOW MONSTRO VV (CF) / ALEXA LF
    ARRI ALEXA SXT plus , ARRI ALEXA MINI WITH RAW/4:3, RED EPIC W ,RED DRAGONS, RED EPIC's

ZEISS SUPREME PRIME ,COOKE S4i, MASTER PRIMES , ULTRAPRIMES , CELERE HS , ZEISS CP2 , ALLURA ZOOMS , BASELIGHT 2 GEN 6 WITH BLACKBOARD ,
    Oconners 2565D, Oconner 2065 , Movi M15 with MIMIC.

www.editfxstudios.com

Quote Originally Posted by Harcharan Singh View Post
    Hi,
    ....and by decreasing the prices of EPIC and declaring the BT RED MX they have killed the second hand EPIC and MX market......now you have to stay with your EPIC and get the Dragon upgrade

There is no exit route to this unless you want to throw away your gear at ridiculously low prices...

Harcharan
    Agreed. Now as Epic owners our only alternative is to go out and shoot something or have our clients shoot something, that looks even better than Spiderman 4 or The Hobbit (after the Dragon comes out, of course). RED has backed us into a corner of being forced to shoot superior footage at the lowest possible price. Damn!
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

Guys. I don't want to work on this thread if it disintergrates to just another "RED screwed me", thread. There are enough of those allready, and I have decided to NOT argue with that perspective anymore. Keep the complaints in the allready open threads, please. And then, rhose who happen to like to work with the cam and still kinda like its capacities can go here.

I am not RED in any way, and can thus not help you with your pain...
    Life is good. So is RED...

http://quine.no

I shot some slowmo stuff for a music video in the last couple if days. I was afraid of what it would look like as we did 350 fps 1K HD, and in the past I've had trouble with 2K. But after picking up some pointers here at Reduser it really turned out very well. (Luckily the 1K footage will be intercut with Canon 7D footage so it should blend in well)

So did my camera actually get better after the price drop? Thats what I'm asking;-)

Now I just want to go out and break some more stuff ;-)

Yes, but the Epic is still made of Unobtanium :)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Weiss View Post
    This test is flawed. You should have shot the same model on the same lens before the price change. I expected better from you, Gunleik.
    Haha, yes, right should be right. Do a before and after!
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

On another positive note, my insurance company just issued me a refund check based on the readjusted values
    Dragon 6K 'Red Sea', Helium 8K S35 ‘Safe Passage’
    Gates Deep Weapon
    Hollis PRISM2 Rebreather System
    Red Sea Pictures

I think an EPIC with a Global Shutter would do well. heck even a RED ONE with Global Shutter. Whip Pans are Cool. Rolling Shutter is and Always will be Very narly

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tresch View Post
    +1 for lenses.

For me it would be great to have a "5k grade lens" with Nikon Mount 24-70 2.6 with Autofocus abilities (silent smooth motor) and the best manual focus experience for a photographic lens with minimum 90 degree rotation between Inf-1m.

Please Santa Claus!

Pat

PS: I think RED could build lens wich is not necesserly with a PL mount.
    There are tons of this type lenses already. Cheap...
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment

++++++1.thanks Gunleik!