Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: My last RED

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    The price was so low of the RED One MX that I used the word "resale"... what I meant was the sale price from RED. So to use your analogy... imagine if a Ferrari was sold for 16% of its former retail value and valued accessories were thrown in also. The common person would think a Ferrari is cheap. That would affect the brand... especially when people can resale the same Ferrari on the streets for 8% of it's original value.
    Andrae Palmer
    Founder, FACETMEDIA LLC
    facebook.com/facetmedia

Package for rent in South Florida with RED EPIC Dragon 6K, RED One, Sony a7S II, Canon 5D Mark IV, Canon L lenses, Zeiss CP.2 T1.5 Super Speeds, EZ Rig + DJI Ronin & EZ Jib + Remote Head. Grip package with LED LitePanels 1X1, Kino Flo 4x4, ARRI Fresnels & Source Four Leko. Rentals/Equipment List: http://facetmedia.com/camera-packages/

I know you feel burned, but the next camera you buy should be the one makes most sense for your needs. Maybe that's red, maybe it's some other camera or make. For me I will be sticking with my Scarlet and other regular HD cameras I already have because I am still paying off my Scarlet. I still shoot 720 p for a lot of my jobs as they have a short shelf life and I don't have to worry about future proofing with those. Most say it is impressive the quality you can achieve with these cameras. The latitude alone makes it worth it.

There are many new camera coming out, if they offer as good or better value than what red is offering, then it makes sense to buy them. If not, then you are making an emotional decision, not a rational one. Nothing wrong with that mind you, but it may be at a big financial cost.
    Epic W
    Brian Pascale

The truth is, some of us believe your perceptions/analysis are flat out wrong. If they work for you, well, have a nice day! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Pascale View Post
    I know you feel burned
    I don't feel burned... I wasn't by the price drop due to being Stage 2. I feel RED is cheapening their product line which affects the perceived value of the camera on the rental or owner/operator market. I also feel that they did a terrible thing to their customers which just bought into it at the full price. I don't like their business practices.
    Andrae Palmer
    Founder, FACETMEDIA LLC
    facebook.com/facetmedia

Package for rent in South Florida with RED EPIC Dragon 6K, RED One, Sony a7S II, Canon 5D Mark IV, Canon L lenses, Zeiss CP.2 T1.5 Super Speeds, EZ Rig + DJI Ronin & EZ Jib + Remote Head. Grip package with LED LitePanels 1X1, Kino Flo 4x4, ARRI Fresnels & Source Four Leko. Rentals/Equipment List: http://facetmedia.com/camera-packages/

All those who complains... Especialy stage II/III'ers...

just:
    hahahahahaha

By some coincidence I am looking at a stage2 order right now...
    price for brain on invoice is: 14.585,-

And it stayed that way through the hike and back again.

There are some gadgets we wanted but didn't get.
    So WTF.
    My Epic has shot most days since it arrived, and hasn't messed me up yet.

Value of that?

hahahahaha
    Life is good. So is RED...

http://quine.no

People who are saying that cameras are now computers, cameras are like cars, whatever you buy start loosing value immediately.
    Yes, you are right. But the depreciation is made by the market, not the company.
    Yes, it happens anyway when a new model comes out.
    No, this is not the case.

Why is Epic losing to the 'inferior' Arri Alexa. Sorry I am more concerned about this than the price. RED please keep your eye on this. Realibity and Colors which can render natural Skintones as acurrately as possible. Not some silly price war and race to the bottom.
    I have DSLR cameras that do that sort of stuff which I am perfectly happy and the RED by simply cutting it's price will never fit into.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrae Palmer View Post
    I don't feel burned... I wasn't by the price drop due to being Stage 2. I feel RED is cheapening their product line which affects the perceived value of the camera on the rental or owner/operator market. I also feel that they did a terrible thing to their customers which just bought into it at the full price. I don't like their business practices.
    Andre, remember they are offering a $4,000 credit for those who bought an Epic in the last month. That's like a 10% rebate and 2/3 of the way to a Dragon upgrade. Do the other camera companies offer some sort of blow-softener? (Maybe they do now after RED forced them to with the Stage 2 and 3 programs.)
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Dashiell View Post
    Well…this will more than likely be my last RED. I'm not into it anymore. I like the image, like the size, but question the company. Jim says, "You bought your camera to work, so work it". I work the hell out of my EPIC. I'm still not into having the value of my gear cut in half overnight, especially by the same company that made it.

I also have a company truck, a 2011 GMC truck with a Duramax diesel. It's dependable. I can count on it to get me just about anywhere and it also allows me to be profitable. It too has value. I can guarantee you that it will have a good trade in value next year. Why? Because GMC won't sell the 2013 for half the price of the 2011. I like that…..I'll buy another.

This "Changing the world" thing is getting out of hand. A bit of advise, when you care so much for your customers, you may want to think about your current customers rather than just the new ones.

Now, all of the RED lovers who defend RED at all cost can bash away. I'm OK with that too. I think it's a little ironic that so many people go to their defense after getting screwed by them but that's how it is.

My camera purchases in the future will more than likely be with Sony or Panasonic or Arri. The arrogance of RED is too much for me to swallow again.

Have a nice day!
    So you would rather buy a camera from a company that keeps the cost high regardless, is that right? You would rather pay through the nose, thinking you were getting value, when the company said they can produce things cheaper and are adjusting their prices to reflect it. Really?

How is RED being arrogant? This comment makes no sense. They are a business and can do whatever they want, just like you can by walking away. But you are calling them arrogant for reducing the price of the camera bodies? How is that arrogant?

You had the potential to sell your equipment for a profit since you went Stage Two. Now that has been diminished and your purchase price is closer to what they are selling for now. You really haven't lost anything here.

If a job requires it, I'll buy another Epic. And I'll be glad that I only have to shell out $19,000 for the brain this time versus $34,000. I'll take that option any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Philipe Ratton View Post
    Snip
    Yes, you are right. But the depreciation is made by the market, not the company.
    Snip
    Seems like RED adapted to the market...don´t you think so?