Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: My last RED

Closed Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrvoje Simic View Post
    And F65 is a significant, required, planned and expected leap ahead.
    And technically capable of replacing film.
    give it a rest and go buy another camera... Im sure that F65 will be extremely valuable after the F55 ships... in fact Lenny has had one for sale on here for a couple weeks. Its on sale for at least a 20% DISCOUNT. Buy that and be happy if you are so convinced its the best camera and will hold its value. He even paid all the interest! http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...CKAGE-FOR-SALE

otherwise let it go - you are going to make yourself sick with all this animosity my man.

"Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and then waiting for the other person to die"
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker

After 22 pages, I think it's safe to say the only way Red will keep some people happy is by making the dragon upgrades cost somewhere in the region of $100,000... Y'know, just so the camera seems better to the public (irrespective of what image quality looks like).

Also maybe they should offer expensive license keys to unlock frame rates, resolutions and phantom power too? because then it'll be extra special.
    Scarlet-X #119 'Ginger'

Not true at all... the sale value of the camera affects the brand perception of the camera. The brand perception of the camera affects how much people are willing to pay for it. A RED One MX selling for the same price as Canon 5D Mark III affects clients perception of the value. A good example of this is the ARRI Alexa... it's high priced and more valued. If RED hurts their brand... they also hurt my investment in their brand.
    Well said....
    AVAILABLE NOW MONSTRO VV (CF) / ALEXA LF
    ARRI ALEXA SXT plus , ARRI ALEXA MINI WITH RAW/4:3, RED EPIC W ,RED DRAGONS, RED EPIC's

ZEISS SUPREME PRIME ,COOKE S4i, MASTER PRIMES , ULTRAPRIMES , CELERE HS , ZEISS CP2 , ALLURA ZOOMS , BASELIGHT 2 GEN 6 WITH BLACKBOARD ,
    Oconners 2565D, Oconner 2065 , Movi M15 with MIMIC.

www.editfxstudios.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Dashiell View Post
    Well…this will more than likely be my last RED. I'm not into it anymore.

My camera purchases in the future will more than likely be with Sony or Panasonic or Arri. The arrogance of RED is too much for me to swallow again.

Have a nice day!
    But perhaps a new REDRAY=)
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Whitcomb View Post
    give it a rest and go buy another camera... Im sure that F65 will be extremely valuable after the F55 ships... in fact Lenny has had one for sale on here for a couple weeks. Its on sale for at least a 20% DISCOUNT. Buy that and be happy if you are so convinced its the best camera and will hold its value. He even paid all the interest! http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...CKAGE-FOR-SALE

otherwise let it go - you are going to make yourself sick with all this animosity my man.

"Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and then waiting for the other person to die"
    Interesting reasoning and rethoric. And a bunch of innacurate assumptions.

http://i68.tinypic.com/drcb4y.jpg

Analog > Camera feel optimization http://omeneo.com
    Digital > Camera performance optimization http://omeneo.com/primers

imdb

"Como delfines en el fondo del oceano
    volamos por el universo incentivados por la esperanza"

"L'esperanza", Sven Väth
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards"
    Jung/ Carol

Quote Originally Posted by Harcharan Singh View Post
    Well said....
    OK guys, name ONE paying client that actually knows in detail how much Sony Arri Jvc Panasonic Red etc camera's cost. besides the super cheap 5D. sorry, in the real world, that is a ridiculous argument.
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Hrvoje Simic View Post
    Interesting reasoning and rethoric. And a bunch of innacurate assumptions.

a bunch of assumptions? name one assumption? Im going off your FACTS ... as you have made it crystal clear in numerous posts that there are better cameras now for you - so go buy one!

The MAIN assumption YOU are making is that the price cut has hurt red's brand. PROVE IT!

and DONT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS... take a POLL. Lets see how many Redusers think that Red hurt their brand by being HONEST. I challenge your assumptions right now

Im also going to poll all my clients and have them tell me how much each camera costs from every major manufacturer.

NOTE: I am not attacking you. I AM attacking your "assumptions." which are based on theory and no empirical evidence.
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker

OK guys, name ONE paying client that actually knows in detail how much Sony Arri Jvc Panasonic Red etc camera's cost.
    Hi,

I think with internet people of the industry has reach to all the information...But I think price reduction will open more avenues for rental companies such as multicam options.The type of glass,accesories,support you give to your client will also come into play is a big way.

If we look at the lens market Ultraprimes are backordered by one year,MP are available in 1-2 months but are a risky investment,Cooke is also one year for delivery,RED PRO are not available easily. So if as a rental house if you have a good glass and gear you will always be preferred.
    My two cents on this.....

Harcharan
    AVAILABLE NOW MONSTRO VV (CF) / ALEXA LF
    ARRI ALEXA SXT plus , ARRI ALEXA MINI WITH RAW/4:3, RED EPIC W ,RED DRAGONS, RED EPIC's

ZEISS SUPREME PRIME ,COOKE S4i, MASTER PRIMES , ULTRAPRIMES , CELERE HS , ZEISS CP2 , ALLURA ZOOMS , BASELIGHT 2 GEN 6 WITH BLACKBOARD ,
    Oconners 2565D, Oconner 2065 , Movi M15 with MIMIC.

www.editfxstudios.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Whitcomb View Post
    a bunch of assumptions? name one assumption? Im going off your FACTS ... as you have made it crystal clear in numerous posts that there are better cameras now for you - so go buy one!

The MAIN assumption YOU are making is that the price cut has hurt red's brand. PROVE IT!

and DONT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS... take a POLL. Lets see how many Redusers think that Red hurt their brand by being HONEST. I challenge your assumptions right now

Im also going to poll all my clients and have them tell me how much each camera costs from every major manufacturer.

NOTE: I am not attacking you. I AM attacking your "assumptions." which are based on theory and no empirical evidence.
    Three innacurate assumptions, perceived as "facts", made by ignoring the context:
    1) "Convinced it's the best camera"
    2) "Animosity"
    3) "better cameras for you"

While you use caps and exclamation points.

I don't have to prove anything. Brand being "hurt" are your words, and perception being positive or negative depends on the position and specific experience in the market segment. Which seems to be consistently ignored. Poll for the purpose suggested is useless as the forum changed significantly since last Nov 3rd.

You are not attacking my assumptions, you perceive you are. "Attack" is unecessary.
    http://i68.tinypic.com/drcb4y.jpg

Analog > Camera feel optimization http://omeneo.com
    Digital > Camera performance optimization http://omeneo.com/primers

imdb

"Como delfines en el fondo del oceano
    volamos por el universo incentivados por la esperanza"

"L'esperanza", Sven Väth
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards"
    Jung/ Carol

Yeah WHAT is it WITH PEople USing RANDOM caps? - IS it THAT it seems TO MAKE them out to be SHOUTING? Or SOMEHOW MAKES THE ARGUMENT MORE COMPELLING?