Thread: JIM, GRAB A BEER & LETS TALK...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Member Shervin Mandgaryan's Avatar
    Everyone who is still upset over the price drops will turn around when Dragon is announced and the upgrade paths become available. I can feel it. RED will take care of all of us, don't lose sight of this for a moment.
    ----------------------
    Shervin Mandgaryan

Cinematographer
    www.shervincine.com

Quote Originally Posted by Terry VerHaar View Post
    I am feeling really pissed myself. JVC never came back to me and offered to buy back or upgrade the HD-110 I bought in 2009. It still only shoots 720P even though they came out with a 1080P camera a year later. I could have spent another $6 or 8K (I forget, exactly) to get the new one but...

I like you Terry you are actually very funny.

- E

Paul Ellington
    director/dp & writer

your probably right. ; )
    JAKE WILGANOWSKI
    Director of Photography / Filmmaker
    CINE-AUTOMATIC.COM

Senior Member Lliam Worthington's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shervin Mandgaryan View Post
    Everyone who is still upset over the price drops will turn around when Dragon is announced and the upgrade paths become available. I can feel it. RED will take care of all of us, don't lose sight of this for a moment.
    This. I hope.
    Scarlet X # 517

Just to be clear.

I'm not going to respond to anything thats clearly not worth responding to nor will I respond to anything petty, irrational or that shows a blatant disregard or lack of understanding for what I wrote and the spirit I wrote it in.

This was feedback... from a customer to the company he bought from. Something that a company that prides itself on its close relationship to the owners it created I'm sure welcomes.

Sometimes its good for a company to here from a customer how the unintended consequences of forward thinking actions are ACTUALLY affecting that customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrae Palmer View Post
    What about his points of losing out on jobs while waiting around for the camera to arrive? I don't think many people would have thought the Stage upgrade programs would take so long and that the EPIC-M program would exist and for so long. That is a serious disruption to any planned business models.
    Improvise. Find a way to keep the client. Didn't he have the RED ONE for some of that time? It's been mentioned on this forum a few times it's a decent camera.

Or rent an Alexa, no one can tell the difference anyway.

But don't blame someone else for losing work.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ellington View Post
    I like you Terry you are actually very funny.

- E
    Thanks, Paul. I appreciate your comments. Not everyone gets my humor. I recognize I can get pretty sharp sometimes but being opinionated is just one of my (few?) charms. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Worth View Post
    So to be clear you are upset that the camera you have, the EPIC X, which you got at Stage 3 for $10,500 including all the accessories [details below] plus the trade in at full price for the camera that you had and used for 2-3 years, is now worth $19,000 without accessories?

The sense of entitlement here is both troubling and embarrassing. Seriously take some responsibility for your actions.

What do you think the trade off is for Obsolescence Obsolete? Did you think that RED could just keep investing in R&D and upgrading your camera for a minimal fee every couple of years and not expand its market share?

You can't have it both ways. You can choose the old model and keep buying a brand new camera every few years or you can build a relationship with one company that is trying something different. You guys expect to have your cake and eat it.

This is the trade off of the RED model. Competitive pricing. This business model makes your Dragon sensor better and affordable and the company more stable for you in the future.

Stage 3
    Cost is $28,000 less $17,500 to trade-in your RED ONE. Net price of $10,500 and comes with: 1x S35 MYSTERIUM-X brain with PL mount, 1x 2.8" LCD, 1x REDMOTE, 1x Side CF Module, 1x Module Adaptor, 1x Base I/O Module, 1x Pro Battery Module, 2x REDVOLT standard batteries, and 1x travel charger.
    Ash,

with all due respect i must enlighten those that either werent around or perhaps were but dont remember. 1. business model was also sold to everyone along with cameras, but more importantly, Stages2.3 then 4 were givin not as a gift
    our understanding was a way to say "we appreciate you" for the patience that we had to "beta test" a camera system in the field with real world, real client situations. So giving back to those people was in essence a thank you. As we all should
    say thank you. because we have had to look at a client in the eyes and say " i dont know why the camera just wont boot" but build 10 promises to solve this....

now im not upset and i get it...and we love all 12 epics we have, but we get why people would be...
    sergio Arguello:
    Epic-M 459,Epic-X 751
    RED Rocket™™™

sergioarguello.net

Has everyone forgotten the tsunami and the devastating effect it had on the supply chain. Jim may be a powerful business tycoon but he's not God.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry VerHaar View Post
    I am feeling really pissed myself. JVC never came back to me and offered to buy back or upgrade the HD-110 I bought in 2009. It still only shoots 720P even though they came out with a 1080P camera a year later. I could have spent another $6 or 8K (I forget, exactly) to get the new one but...
    Being a red fanboy is the worst.