Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: NEW PRICES! but im very conflicted

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. #1 NEW PRICES! but im very conflicted 
    I think its amazing that prices have been dropped so drastically but I also feel a little fucked... I have bought 2 Epics in the last 9 months and now they have lost a good chunk of their value.. If I was newly in the market for an epic then i would say YAY!, but now my asset's values have cratered... Do I think i will lose work because of the price drop? The answer is absolutely NO. I know that it's who is behind the camera that makes the beautiful pictures, not the camera. It's just a tool, but the value of my tools has been greatly reduced. I doubt Red will do this, but a free dragon upgrade sure would make me feel better

Free upgrade would be nice. But nothing is free. Im not looking for a handout. A discount would be nice. Or I could just sell my low number epic M and buy an X
    LOTS OF EPICS.
    SHOTOVER #20 F1 CONTACT US FOR AERIALS!!
    Tempt Media Films
    www.temptmediafilms.com

Something we agree on Nathaniel... I have a suspicion that a bunch more people that are also creative in my city will be buying an EPIC, who couldn't before. Yes in time, you will lose money, and clients. Just like the rest of us. Just wait till lensrentals.com gets a few of them and your customers demand pennies on the dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Kramer View Post
    I think its amazing that prices have been dropped so drastically but I also feel a little fucked... I have bought 2 Epics in the last 9 months and now they have lost a good chunk of their value.. If I was newly in the market for an epic then i would say YAY!, but now my asset's values have cratered... Do I think i will lose work because of the price drop? The answer is absolutely NO. I know that it's who is behind the camera that makes the beautiful pictures, not the camera. It's just a tool, but the value of my tools has been greatly reduced. I doubt Red will do this, but a free dragon upgrade sure would make me feel better
    RED camera owner.

didn't you already take the price you paid off your taxes? The basis is what you paid, not what the current price is..

I think its amazing that prices have been dropped so drastically but I also feel a little fucked... I have bought 2 Epics in the last 9 months and now they have lost a good chunk of their value.. If I was newly in the market for an epic then i would say YAY!, but now my asset's values have cratered...
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Moore View Post
    Free upgrade would be nice.
    +++1
    No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

Even if you expense it, the residual value is still cut.. It's still a loss. If i could have sold last week for x, but tomorrow i can only get y ( a number less than x) I have still lost value.

Jon, I dont think I will lose clients. They dont book me for my cameras .

Ditto...
    Mark Toia
    Director / DP / Founder of Zoom Film & Television

www.toia.com

www.zoomfilmtv.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Toia View Post
    Ditto...
    You can't say that you're client doesn't love the fact that you come with your 5K Epic camera...

Now that the other guy has one too, they won't mind taking a look at his reel too...

Just wait until there are 100's of new you's running around with RED cameras, then tell me the same thing.

RED camera owner.