Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: The Gentleman's Underwater Bubble Blower Thread

Reply to Thread
Page 338 of 342 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342 LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 3412
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hamilton View Post
    No worries Neil, part of the job.
    Thank you. You are a true gentleman. Hopefully we'll get to work again soon if they pick up this project for episodic series.

All the best.

Hello gents,

Haven't been in this forum for a couple of years at least I think. How are my old compatriots doing? Anybody doing anything interesting and unique?

Regards,
    Rudi Herbert

www.UnderwaterCinema.com

A site about the equipment and techniques of the art of underwater cinematography

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi Herbert View Post
    Hello gents,

Haven't been in this forum for a couple of years at least I think. How are my old compatriots doing? Anybody doing anything interesting and unique?

Regards,
    Not super unique but I just started my underwater cinematography journey, in the fall. After years of wanting to take my Scarlet-x underwater I finally pulled the trigger on a used Gates Deep Weapon and Nikonos RS lenses. Working on a couple small personal projects, one being a doc on local marine life. But mainly just trying to learn as much as I can right now and figuring out how to build support gear for my setup on a limited budget. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to make the focus knob easier to turn with thick gloves and numb hands in the winter.
    Gates Deep Weapon DSMC1/DSMC2, Nikonos RS
    Scarlet MX
    https://vimeo.com/267664398

Nice reel Matt. Must be tough to stay warm in Nova Scotia, over as well as under...
    Dragon 6K 'Red Sea', Helium 8K S35
    Gates Deep Weapon/Dragon Underwater Housing
    Hollis PRISM2 Rebreather System
    FAA Drone-licensed, Inspire 1 4K RAW
    Red Sea Pictures

Thanks Tom! The water in the winter gets pretty cold, I've seen surface temps as low as 0c when I've gone surfing. I had a custom dry suit made in November, so this was the first winter I actually dove here. Hardest part is staying out of the wind while setting up the housing. Id love to get down to Florida to do some diving at some point, I've only ever been snorkeling there.
    Gates Deep Weapon DSMC1/DSMC2, Nikonos RS
    Scarlet MX
    https://vimeo.com/267664398

Senior Member John J Ellerbrock's Avatar
    Hiya Rudi! This forum has been quiet. Remember the good 'ole days of raging debates, banned users, and re-starting the UW thread thrice over? Hahahaaaaa....
    John J Ellerbrock
    President
    Gates Underwater Products, Inc

Don't Take a Chance....Take a Gates
    GatesHousings.com

Quote Originally Posted by John J Ellerbrock View Post
    Hiya Rudi! This forum has been quiet. Remember the good 'ole days of raging debates, banned users, and re-starting the UW thread thrice over? Hahahaaaaa....
    Hi J-

One has to break an egg to make an omelet... haha!
    And, luckily, one of the omelets turned into the much welcomed H2O OLPF :)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi Herbert View Post
    Hello gents,

Regards,
    Hello back to you, Rudi! I hope life has been treating you well !!
    I missed our hour-long conversations :)
    Warm regards,

Michael Maes
    MAESterpiece Productions
    Extreme Wildlife Cinematographer
    Fellow International at the Explorers Club (FI17)
    https://www.michaelmaes.com

MONSTRO 'Forged' 8K VV #140 MONSTRO 8K VV #572 WPN-W HELIUM 8K #900 | Zeiss CP.2 Zeiss CZ.2 Canon CN20x50 Nikonos R-UW | Gates DEEP "NIKONOS-RTM" WEAPON Nauticam WPN-LT Nauticam ROSSA "SHOGUN"

8. #3378 used gates 
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Inkpen View Post
    Not super unique but I just started my underwater cinematography journey, in the fall. After years of wanting to take my Scarlet-x underwater I finally pulled the trigger on a used Gates Deep Weapon and Nikonos RS lenses. Working on a couple small personal projects, one being a doc on local marine life. But mainly just trying to learn as much as I can right now and figuring out how to build support gear for my setup on a limited budget. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to make the focus knob easier to turn with thick gloves and numb hands in the winter.
    hi matt..jim kozmik here from ..blue realm tv series in toronto been looking for used red gates or nauticam housings enjoy..
    Jim Kozmik
    CSC, IATSE 667, DOP, camera operator, associate producer; Blue Realm, Undersea Explorer,& Sport Diver TV series, Aquavideo REDONE housing, Nikon Optitek Prolock, Tokina 11-16mm, 105mm,
    14-24mm,50mm,available for rent, 416-705-4174 kozmikunderwater@gmail.com (Toronto,Canada)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Inkpen View Post
    Right now I'm trying to figure out how to make the focus knob easier to turn with thick gloves and numb hands in the winter.

Hi Matt, Gates has a great solution for that: Knob Extenders.
    I made my own but it's best for you to contact John Ellerbrock at Gates. Great guy!!!
    Here some shots:
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/270216046379566029/
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/270216046379566024/
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/270216046379566021/
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/270216046379566020/

Gates's Extension Knobs really feel good at hand and offer a great grip/precision, even with thick gloves.
    Warm regards,

Michael Maes
    MAESterpiece Productions
    Extreme Wildlife Cinematographer
    Fellow International at the Explorers Club (FI17)
    https://www.michaelmaes.com

MONSTRO 'Forged' 8K VV #140 MONSTRO 8K VV #572 WPN-W HELIUM 8K #900 | Zeiss CP.2 Zeiss CZ.2 Canon CN20x50 Nikonos R-UW | Gates DEEP "NIKONOS-RTM" WEAPON Nauticam WPN-LT Nauticam ROSSA "SHOGUN"

Hey guys, was hoping someone could offer some advice, in a bit of a frustrating situation with a new rig..

I've shot stills in the water for a long time across surf and dive housings + FS7 etc. and never really had to deal with any major fog issues. Of course DSMC2 is a whole different beast, but i'm yet to be totally comfortable in being able to see out a swim without any condensation, and hoping there might be something simple i'm missing.

My rig is an aluminium surf housing, Gemini, 502 monitor. If submerged - i'll get 40-60 minutes before the port is starting to fog around the edges, if out of the water on a jetski or boat more like 15 minutes. I recently added a vacuum valve system and some Silica packs up near the front of the lens - but it only seemed to slightly delay the same result. I'm trying to be fairly meticulous with not setting the camera up in non A/C, dry environments but regardless of where i'm setting it up I seem to be getting the same outcome.

Should I be looking at blasting compressed air inside the lens port before closing up? Unsure of what else I can really do with this other than trying some other moisture absorbing products, and keeping the wet shirt over the housing body/port between shots out in the sun. Any tricks here would be much appreciated :)