Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: The Gentleman's Underwater Bubble Blower Thread

Reply to Thread
Page 327 of 344 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 3438
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Thanks Matt!

Should be worth it at all depths. Although it does really excel at deeper depths in blue water.

I would consider not using it if the majority of shots will have your subject right at the surface, such as a diver or a whale floating at the surface in only the first half meter of water. And I would definitely avoid using it for split shots/over-unders due to the lack of IR cut. Infrared does not penetrate water very far at all so the lack of IR cut really shouldn't be an issue as long as you're not right at the surface.
    Sean Ruggeri

nice work, sean. some really great images.
    Scarlet-X #970 "Silver"

Beautiful stuff Sean :)
    Pete Lightowler www.lightpost.com.au
    Trainer - Shooter - Editor - Colourist

Greetings,

We have a shoot coming up in Belize that we will need to shoot a freediving fisherman for a few days with our Epic-W. Curious if anyone is based in Colorado with an underwater housing available for rent for either a DSMC1 or DSMC2 Epic. We have a dragon and a helium in our kit.

Cheers
    Travis

Im sure plenty of guys on here have passports...

Senior Member John J Ellerbrock's Avatar
    Hi Travis --

if you don't find anyone in CO, you'll find many other options here:

https://www.gateshousings.com/rent-a-gates/

J-

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Rummel View Post
    Greetings,

We have a shoot coming up in Belize that we will need to shoot a freediving fisherman for a few days with our Epic-W. Curious if anyone is based in Colorado with an underwater housing available for rent for either a DSMC1 or DSMC2 Epic. We have a dragon and a helium in our kit.

Cheers
    Travis
    John J Ellerbrock
    President
    Gates Underwater Products, Inc

Don't Take a Chance....Take a Gates
    GatesHousings.com

Greetings All,

A quick invite to the bubble blowers here, diving with Fabien Cousteau this coming October at Grand Cayman, lots of equipment in play, Hollis Prism 2 rebreathers (open circuit folks also most welcome), Gates/Red gear, some interesting reef conservation initiatives/meet the local press, but above all, a fun week of diving, conversation and relaxation, at a really nice beach resort, and, a huge birthday bash for FC complete with chocolate fish cake (yum) & candles, and maybe some island rum, or three, hope to see some of you there!

PM me for further details, or call the numbers on the flyer.

Best,

T
    Attached Images
    Dragon 6K 'Red Sea', Helium 8K S35 ‘Safe Passage’
    Gates Deep Weapon
    Hollis PRISM2 Rebreather System
    Red Sea Pictures

Hi
    I tested this port/optic a little while back. It is very sharp (at one focal length) but is shows a lot of distortion which to me was unacceptable for film work. Also it really only works at 28mm. You can zoom through but quality drops rapidly (and the bizarrely gets a bit better again). Need to use a ‘a low quality lens’ behind it because they tend to have a small front element diameter (which it requires). A Nikon 24-70 f2.8 won’t work - front element is too large.
    The idea shows a lot of promise though and there’s no doubt that it can produce very sharp, very wide images and I’d love to not have to travel with a giant dome! Currently it’s best suited to stills.
    Gemini and Gates Deep Housing

Hi Hugh,
    Thanks for posting your findings on the port/optic. I have been wondering about that offering myself and its good to hear your thoughts. The option to have zoom through capability in something like that would be wonderful. Thanks again for your post.

I have mixed feelings about using these optics. On the one hand they are small, easy to travel with and excellent for getting into tighter spots. The downside is, they are fragile and expensive to buy and presumably repair (your not going to do it in the field), they could get moisture inside and suffer internal condensation which will ruin a shoot (I remember these kind of optics doing that in the past, they tend to be filled with nitrogen which eventually escapes to be replaced with humid air). Your never going to shoot a split level shot either so you'll need to have a dome too if thats on the wish list. So kind of a mixed bag. On the whole though if an optic is developed that works well and is small then it could be a great option.
    Attached Images
    Gemini and Gates Deep Housing