Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Core Sound TetraMic Ambisonic Microphone and RED

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesherrick View Post
    Len, any issues with using the VSTs with something like a VST>RTAS plugin that I have for Pro Tools on a Mac?
    We don't know yet if a VST to AU converter will work. If you want to try it, let me know and we'll get you copies of the two VST plugins.
    Len Moskowitz
    Core Sound
    Home of TetraMic

Quote Originally Posted by Len M. View Post
    We don't know yet if a VST to AU converter will work. If you want to try it, let me know and we'll get you copies of the two VST plugins.
    We had seriously looked at buying one last summer. Knowing that it works well with the Red we are going to re-investigate.

Thanks to the folks on the other audio thread, we've been able to extract the four audio tracks recorded with TetraMic and a RED camera.

In post we decoded the recording to model a Blumlein array (two figure-8 microphones positioned at 90-degrees to each other) for playback in stereo.

TetraMic was positioned only a foot or so from the RED so it picked up the RED's fan and the LCD display's whine. Next time John will hopefully have the EVF that he ordered and we'll try to remember to shut down the fan.

No EQ, compression or other processing was applied to the recording other than amplifying it +18 dB . It's a 32-bit float/48 KHz stereo recording.

Please excuse the performance -- I'm not much of a guitar player!

http://www.core-sound.com/RED/RED-wi...-Blumlein2.wav

If anyone wants to see the video too, let me know and I'll see if I can post it.

Many thanks to John Lizzio and Kevin Kasper for making this demonstration possible.
    Len Moskowitz
    Core Sound
    Home of TetraMic

video? can you post it on youtube?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHedge View Post
    video? can you post it on youtube?
    At the moment, I'm using an XP/PC and can't seem to extract video no matter what I try.

RED's QT plugins are Mac-only and nothing I do with RED Cine produces a QT-viewable video.

And I haven't the slightest idea how to insert a WAV audio file into a MOV video. Perhaps Final Cut Pro will do it?

If someone wants to volunteer, I'll send them the files.
    Len Moskowitz
    Core Sound
    Home of TetraMic

Len thanks for that clip but i couldn't hear splitted audio on different channles . i hear the same audio on my 5 spurrounded speakers.
    maybe it is just becuase the file format ?

Len, I can add the sound to the mov file for you. PM me if you still need help with it.
    Steve Sherrick

Thanks for posting. can you tell me the distance and position of the mic
    from the subject, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BASSAM MSSALATIE View Post
    Len thanks for that clip but i couldn't hear splitted audio on different channles . i hear the same audio on my 5 spurrounded speakers.
    maybe it is just becuase the file format ?
    It's a stereo file, not a 5.1.
    Len Moskowitz
    Core Sound
    Home of TetraMic

Quote Originally Posted by phaz View Post
    Thanks for posting. can you tell me the distance and position of the mic
    from the subject, thanks.
    If I remember correctly, TetraMic was around one foot in front of the RED and two feet to the right. (John: please correct me if I'm wrong.)

The subject was seated around five feet in front of the camera. So the mic was four to five feet from the subject.

During decode, you can bring the subject in closer using the zoom control if that's what you want. For this decode, no zoom, rotation, tilt, or tumble were inserted in post. It's a simple Blumlein model with linear amplification (no compression or limiting).
    Len Moskowitz
    Core Sound
    Home of TetraMic