Thread: PRO IO MINI - VERSION 2 - WHO WANTS ONE !!!!

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    +++1
    Director,
    The Inclusion Center,
    Center for Rummelighed
    www.rummelighed.org
    Copenhagen, Denmark

All I need ! But (like I said in Mark's previous post) make this one with the possibility of being powered by the side handle and the redvolts. It will probably reduce running time to about 10 to 15 minutes, but For what I do, small form factor and lightweight is key!
    Sérgio Perez

Weapon Monstro #03294 "Amochai" in Macau

Video Director/Creative/Producer

http://vimeo.com/user1503556

https://www.youtube.com/user/spzprod..._as=subscriber

+1 - interested
    EAST RENTALS
    EPIC-M DRAGON Red Package
    EPIC-X DRAGON Red Package
    CANON K35 Superspeed Lenses - PL mount
    Arri FF-4 Follow Focus
    Tiffen Filters, Arri Matte Boxes, RED ROCKET-X (in Magma 3T Thunderbolt 2 chassis)

www.eastrentals.com
    info@eastrentals.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Toia View Post
    They put a 120 fps 5k camera with hundreds of modes and functions in the same dimensions as a soup can.... I think they can build this. :)

He he, different technology from Box to Box Mark, look at the actual size of al other Modules and what they offer, then try and combine the Electronics and ports of each of them and there is just no way to crack them al in such a small unit... However if RED does pull out such a miracle then of course I'm GAME... + 1... ;)

To me 4k proxies are a bit over due... on set you do not have space for big screens. And most of us does not do offline editing with 4k screening. HD is good enough for editing. In fact when doing complex (read multi layer) editing even working in HD is providing to much render times. So I think a good choice would be HD proxies. I think DNx is the way to go. Proress is not as sutable, why? it's simple, DNx is a free to download codec, works in FCP and AVID, While on the other hand Proress is not playing well with avid... So if there was a choice I would say DNx.

Also I would rather use the normal sized mags. why, Because soon our black redmags will be outdated by the faster red mags, then this would be a good use. And it would be nice to kind of get a full shooting day with Dnx files on one card, not having to think of swapping and offload also the proxy cards.

Agree that todays module adapter feels a bit big for doing nothing. But I doubt they can sqeeze all your requests in there. I personally do not think it's a huge issue with the camera getting big in size as long as it can shoot full quality images with just the body Im fine to hook on stuff when needed. We shoot with the alexa studio and codec recorder last weekend... in comparison the epic with all modules available still feels like a little handy cam :)

I like the idea of a proxy module but Im more eager of a wireless HD module. Even though the meisler module is truly amazing. I find it odd that it kind of ends the camera with a battery, not allowing for other modules.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro

Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    T
    Also I would rather use the normal sized mags. why, Because soon our black redmags will be outdated by the faster red mags, then this would be a good use. And it would be nice to kind of get a full shooting day with Dnx files on one card, not having to think of swapping and offload also the proxy cards.

Remember CF card have replaced by SD and not the contrary. I wonder wich one will be the future?

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by KETCH ROSSi View Post
    He he, different technology from Box to Box Mark, look at the actual size of al other Modules and what they offer, then try and combine the Electronics and ports of each of them and there is just no way to crack them al in such a small unit... However if RED does pull out such a miracle then of course I'm GAME... + 1... ;)
    Sound pix does it all... and is small... and has a screen.
    Ki-pro does it all... and is small...
    The tech is there already Ketch. Audio ports are not an issue. the board for the extra evf is not big....
    I swear, if RED can make a camera so powerful and that small... SOUNDPIX and KIPRO make there audio/vision capture boxes small... Then so can RED.
    Mark Toia
    Director / DP / Founder of Zoom Film & Television

www.toia.com

www.zoomfilmtv.com.au

KiPro and Sound Devices are 3/4 the size of the Epic!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Toia View Post
    Sound pix does it all... and is small... and has a screen.
    Ki-pro does it all... and is small...
    The tech is there already Ketch. Audio ports are not an issue. the board for the extra evf is not big....
    I swear, if RED can make a camera so powerful and that small... SOUNDPIX and KIPRO make there audio/vision capture boxes small... Then so can RED.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

This is a pretty damn awesome module - though I guess worst case I'd happily take just a proxy and a +1 mod but if this is possible, then heck yah!

I guess considering the amount of pushing your doing on this Mark they should name it the Toia module for sure :P

+2 for me.
    Russell Campbell
    Epic Dragons, RED One MX
    www.oceansenseproductions.com