Thread: PRO IO MINI - VERSION 2 - WHO WANTS ONE !!!!

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. #1 PRO IO MINI - VERSION 2 - WHO WANTS ONE !!!! 
    Jim and Jarred are probably fueling the jet to come and punch me in the face for causing such a stir on this subject.... But I'll take the hits for chance of this thing being made.

After having a good long hard think about my personal requirements and reading the hundreds of threads on the last PRO IO MINI thread I started... I think its best not to try jam pack it with every single option, as that is what the MEIZLER MODULE is designed to do.
    This little baby is only for the thousands of us that want to keep the cameras small and powerful. With this module comes full size Audio inputs / extra EVF and 4k/2k proxies files simultaneous with R3D's...

Let the big movie guys get the big rigs with all the bells and whistles I say, and the power to them. We applaud RED for making things like the MEIZLER MODULE available to them.... but now its time for the little guys, the 80% of us who want to keep things small and functional. This is why we all bought into RED EPIC (including the amazing image quality of course)
    PRO RES for instant editing is what saved ARRI... If it was just a RAW camera it would be as dead as the D21 is a long time ago... we all know this. So to have a small and PRORES (or DNXHD) in a tiny module (as well as proper audio inputs) - that would be the last thing to we (i) will need to say out loud. "PERFECT"
    Actually the RED PLAYBACK IS WAHT MADE THE CAMERA PERFECT FOR ME.... this will top it off.

I know I know this could be a ridiculous request for RED... but when I see sound pix and Samurais sort of doing it... and knowing that RED are the kings of shrinking horse power into little boxes... I totally think RED can do this.

Thank you again Jim and Jarred in advance.

Mark Toia
    Director / DP / Founder of Zoom Film & Television

www.toia.com

www.zoomfilmtv.com.au

I'm in
    No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

Me too. All I need.
    Robert Castiglione
    robcastiglione.com

+1

(I think RED has to earn money for the technology developped before investing in other modules (like Epic -> Scarlet). I'm sure it will come and the Alexa argument you cited Mark is absolutly right. But it will take time... (Hope not much)).

Pat

This module is better than the last Pro I/O mini.
    I m in.

I need contact closure remote start. (Like Red One and every other camera has).
    I would also like to have time code sync box built in (function of Denecke SB3)

Im sure TC wont be to hard to add... but Im not a RED engineer..

But remote start... its been, happened and going already without the aid of a Module.
    Mark Toia

www.toia.com

www.zoomfilmtv.com.au

It sure is a very nice Mini Module Mark, but it is way too small to have all there, it needs to be double its thickness, unless of course RED can pull miracles.. ;)

+100000000000

If they merge the small proxy recorder and the +1 module adapter we could be in business. All depends on what the 3rd party they are working with on the module thinks they can accomplish since it's most likely their tech and R&D that RED is piggybacking on to get the module and certification for the Meizler pushed thru.

just a guess.
    Jason Diamond
    The Diamond Bros.
    Frame.io
    @jasondiamond

Monstro VV Stormtrooper / 8K HELIUM Stormtrooper / 2 x Gemini Packages
    Leica-R Duclos Cinemod 16mm-180mm / Atlas Anamorphic A-Set

Quote Originally Posted by KETCH ROSSi View Post
    It sure is a very nice Mini Module Mark, but it is way too small to have all there, it needs to be double its thickness, unless of course RED can pull miracles.. ;)
    They put a 120 fps 5k camera with hundreds of modes and functions in the same dimensions as a soup can.... I think they can build this. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Diamond View Post
    +100000000000

If they merge the small proxy recorder and the +1 module adapter we could be in business. All depends on what the 3rd party they are working with on the module thinks they can accomplish since it's most likely their tech and R&D that RED is piggybacking on to get the module and certification for the Meizler pushed thru.

just a guess.
    Probably correct..
    Mark Toia

www.toia.com

www.zoomfilmtv.com.au