Thread: Afordable Scarlet-X Package rental (with free Camera Operator) in St. Louis. MO!!!

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Afordable RED ONE MX Package rental (with Camera Operator) in St. Louis. MO!!! 
    We no longer have the RED Scarlet. I now have RED ONE MX and GH4 camera packages for rent or hire with me as DP/ Camera Operator in St. Louis, MO. Competitive Rates - but not free

Also, have lots of other great support gear, wireless follow focus, handheld gimbal, Jib, and lots more.

So if you are shooting in St. Louis and are in need of digital cinema equipment and/or services, give me a call and we can talk about your needs! I can also send you a full list of gear for rent. Best prices in the midwest!

Just shoot me an email at adam.m.johnson53(@)gmail.com
    or give me a text or phone call @ 314-623-Zero One Three Five

Adam Johnson
    Alkali Digital LLC
    Cinematography/ Editing/ Rental
    AlkaliDigital.com
    Last edited by Adam Johnson; 04-29-2014 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Updated Equipment

You might do better from a carear point of view to chatge for your time & throw the Scarlet in for now, the reason I say this is you don't want to be known as the guy who works for free. Your Unique, there will be a lot of Scarlets very soon. I suspect due to minimium wages it could be illegal to hire you & the production company may have liability issues. Of course sleeze bag producers without any insurance will hire you, however they will never want to pay you in the future either.
    Good luck whatever you decide.
    Epic Dragon owner, the first upgraded camera in Switzerland :D

Brighton- UK mostly but Im a global citizen :-)
    PLEEEEEEZE DON'T ... Just don't ! Pleeeeze.
    JON NASH VISUALS
    Twitter @JonnyTheNash
    http://www.jonnash.com

Thanks for the advice gents! I think flipping the idea around is good.

Thanks,
    AJ

I believe if your any good at what you do your 'added value' exceeds a camera, which will be available in huge quantities within a year.

yah pimping yourself out for free will just pigeon hole you into a world of shitty craigslist projects..

if your good at what you do.. charge.. set a base price and don't go below it.

the camera is so cheep its basically a throw in..

Im sure a lot of rental houses are going to be throwing in free scarlets with the rentals of any glass.. so its not to far fetched to throw in the camera for free..

scarlets will be the next dvx100.. EVERYONE will have one, and they will no longer be a thing that gets anyone the job
    Zakaree Sandberg
    Zakaree@Gmail.com
    Cinematographer / Local 600
    www.Zakaree.com

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaree Sandberg View Post
    yah pimping yourself out for free will just pigeon hole you into a world of shitty craigslist projects..

if your good at what you do.. charge.. set a base price and don't go below it.

the camera is so cheep its basically a throw in..

Im sure a lot of rental houses are going to be throwing in free scarlets with the rentals of any glass.. so its not to far fetched to throw in the camera for free..

scarlets will be the next dvx100.. EVERYONE will have one, and they will no longer be a thing that gets anyone the job
    That advice is worth a huge amount of money!

Thanks guys!

Banned
    Hmmmm...

All right. I always sucked at math in school. And I may be dead wrong.

But the Scarlet being the next DVX100 ?

If you do the math gentleman the Scarlet has pretty much the exact same price tag
    as a Red One when it came out.
    It is 17.5k vs. 13k. But back then you could buy Red Drives with big capacity for
    little dinero. Now it is proprietary SSDs at a multitude of that.

If you want to have a workable camera package with tripod, some lenses etc. you
    are easily in the 30k range.
    Throw in some cine glass and a bunch of primes you are looking at 40-50k.

Whoever is charging what money for what service is really none of my business.
    Don't get me wrong - I think the Scarlet is an incredible bang for the buck.

But the idea that those cameras are so cheap that nobody will charge for them
    is sheer nonsense.

Totally agree! No way will it be the DVX-100. The Canon 5D Mark III will be though as it is affordable for all. Either way, Red is still in its own class. And don't worry I won't whore myself out. I have to much respect for my abilities as a cinematographer. I always intended to market myself first with equipment, but I'm mind of tempted to rent equipment. I might just have to look into rental insurance and only renting to people I know.