This is obviously not a complaint against RED (couldn't be happier with my Scarlet), but just needed to use this forum to complain against DHL and to ask RED to stop using their services (at least in my region). I don't want to bore people with my story, but I've finally lost my patience with DHL and I just don't kow what to do. Here's my story:
1. I sent my DSMC sidehandle for repair (just 3 months old/under warranty) on June 12th. It arrived in Irvine on June 15th and was repaired and sent back to me by RED on June 19th. Everything looking great so far.
2. The reapired item arrived to my local DHL office on June 21 st.
3. Today, July 9th, my item is still being held at customs. This coming thursday, 3 weeks will have gone by since my item arrived at my local DHL office. I have probably spoken with the entire DHL customer service staff these past weeks and they still are not giving me clear answers. All paperwork and shipments have been handled by RED, so I am 100% sure that DHL has always had the necessary documents to release the item from customs. In any case, I have sent them the documents twice myself just in case. But the situation hasn't changed one bit.
4. Worst of all, 3 weeks have passed and I have lost one job already and I may probably lose another one if this unfortunate situation is not solved pronto (next week I have a 3 day shoot!!!). I need my sidehandle to operate my camera as I only have Redvolts. And I cannot rent one becasue the clossest renting facility is 4 hours driving time and, worst of all, they do not rent RED accesories, just full equipments.
5. To make things just a little worse, DHL has had the nerve to inform me that they are going to charge me 50 euros for their services. I explained to them that this was a warranty service handled solely by RED, and that they couldn't charge me for a merchandise that does not require any tax payments. Apparently, they will ignore me and if I ever get my sidehandle back, I will have to pay 50 euros for my pretty face.
Summary: 3 weeks have gone by without being able to use my Scarlet thanks to DHL. If somebody at RED could give those DHL guys a call, I would really appreciate it. After that, please stop using DHL.
BTW, if I had known DHL handled things this way, I would never had sent my sidehandle back to RED. It actually had a minor manufacturing flaw(hot swapping issue) which was not a big issue for me, but since it was under warranty and only 3 months old, I decided to send it for repair.
Warm regards, everybody.