Thread: Four RED One Cameras For Sale on eBay

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by CrewPix.com View Post
    I had the timeframe slightly wrong but I was correct in saying that Ebay does limit the sale of items that are not in the sellers possession. Ebay allows pre-sale listings only when the item can be delivered within 30 days[/i]"
    Oh, I see.

eBay actually doesn't give a shit. Their legal team will enforce policies if there's a complaint. But, they don't give a shit. Neither does anyone else. I doubt you give a shit. They got a ton of my money, so I'm sure they're happy with the transaction.

Speaking of being happy with the transaction, I met with the buyer yesterday to go over details of our contract and talk though accessories, etc. He couldn't be more excited to be getting the camera. It's a win-win.

And then there's you. Just stop.
    Alexis Hanawalt
    Bolster Camera, Inc.

www.bolstercamera.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cinewalt View Post
    ... they don't give a shit. Neither does anyone else. I doubt you give a shit.
    I'm so happy that your transaction went well.

The point I was trying to make was that people who think the rules do not apply to them are often people who you may not want to do business with, in my experience.

In our business full of scumbags and shysters it is important for people to have the tools they need to separate good risks from bad. That was the purpose of my 'ebay rules' post. To me, people selling stuff they don't own and don't even know when they will receive it are bad risks.

I am not getting involved. This is a discussion board. People discuss things here. That's why they call it a discussion board. I could give 2 shits about what you are doing. Good for you for making $10000 on a $1000 investment.

Chill a bit, OK?

This thread is headed the wrong direction.

People will always be people and do what they want to do, whether it's on eBay or any other venue that allows them to do what they want. Let ebay worry about their own policies and how to enforce them. If anyone feels the need to play auction-police, please do so through the proper channels instead of bitching about it here. We all know the restrictions and implications that come with selling a RED One and from the auction listings, it looks like these sellers do as well.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - EPIC-M Package Available! Over 1TB SSD media, RPP's & more.

List of all current RED software tools.

Quote Originally Posted by CrewPix.com View Post
    Chill a bit, OK?
    You said "these sellers should be reported and shut down." Not chill.

I take this entire thread as a personal attack on my character. I have to say I anticipated it when I made the decision to sell, but that doesn't mean I won't defend my actions.

Jeff, what "right" direction was this thread ever headed in?
    Alexis Hanawalt
    Bolster Camera, Inc.

www.bolstercamera.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cinewalt View Post
    Jeff, what "right" direction was this thread ever headed in?
    Good point. On that note I think I'm just going to lock the thread down. There really isn't anything to discuss here, other than personal feelings on the matter.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - EPIC-M Package Available! Over 1TB SSD media, RPP's & more.

List of all current RED software tools.