Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Real camera tests...

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Why? It is the only really fair test.

Jim
    I believe other companies will be too afraid to accept the challange:-P Same reason why they've been afraid to risk the leap forward to 4k all these years untill now:-)

Why would we bring our inferior cameras to RED studios? We are constantly told that our images are worthless so what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Why? It is the only really fair test.

Jim
    That's why !
    142 FILMES

Scarlet X 2431 "Pazuzu"

142filmes.prosite.com

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Why not see one way or the other?

Why not see what is real and what is not? What you are told means nothing. The proof is in the testing... assuming each company has complete control of their images.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Worth View Post
    Why would we bring our inferior cameras to RED studios? We are constantly told that our images are worthless so what's the point?
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Déraps View Post
    A free lunch? I volunteer to show up with my Epic! ;)

But seriously, some cams/companies may not want to show up because this test will highlight their inadequacies much more than the Zacuto 1080p test...
    In all seriousness If they don't show up I doubt that would be the reason, If you were in charge of say... Ford and Ferrari invited every other car company down for a race around their test track and a series of tests would the first thing that popped into your mind be "Oh that'll be more fair then sending a car to say Auto car magazine doing a similar test at silverstone."

It'd be great if each company made a serious BTS of what they did in post. If they decide to do a puff piece and not speak to professionals that would say a lot.
    My New Years Resolution is 5k.

I wonder if there will be a new accusation of "bias scrutiny", that of designing the shooting environment itself to be in Red's favor? High dynamic range to show off HDR, bad lighting/color temperature or underexposure to show off RAW acquisition etc.

What is the best way to ensure a level playing field for the test itself?

Still, guess these are important issues and that fact that Red can overcome them shouldn't be seen as bias.

One of the things that pissed me off about the original Zacuto test that was praising the 5D MII was none of the shooting environments had complex imagery (moire) or movement (rolling shutter.)

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    I just had a rental house volunteer to provide every camera for the test. Now all we need is the camera companies to attend.

Encourage them....

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Sorry noob question.....Can i just go to the cinema and see for my self knowing what it was shot on + resolution projected ?

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Starkey View Post
    Sorry noob question.....Can i just go to the cinema and see for my self knowing what it was shot on + resolution projected ?
    No because the content is different for each....