Thread: Sorry, Avid Workflow help

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Shephard View Post
    I'm not sure what else it could be. Worst case, just create QT files in RCX and import them into Avid.
    Actually, I guess that could work. I just tried it and it seems to be fine. But the quality is just not as good as exporting it out through Avid codecs. I guess this shall be a temporary fix until I can get it to work. Thanks so much for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Shephard View Post
    Can you not just transcode your linked AMA files using Consolidate/Transcode?
    Wow, I didn't know you could do that. That's awesome, the image still looks great. Thanks Brian, big help!

If the mediafiles are not being seen, make absolutely sure that the Avid MediaFiles folder lives on the root of a drive, and that it is not on the system drive.

A good trick to make sure that your mediafiles are living in the right path is to import a graphic file or piece of music, select the resulting clip, then choose File->Reveal File. You will be shown where MC wants to see its media.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Pyon View Post
    Wow, I didn't know you could do that. That's awesome, the image still looks great. Thanks Brian, big help!
    No problem! Let me know if you need any other help.
    Also, if you have the Red Rocket card, Avid will utilize it, as long as you have your debayer/quality settings set to "full" under the media creation settings. Otherwise, it will not use the card during transcode.