Thread: ADOBE PREMIERE 6 --- I HAVE NO WORDS ....

Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey Afanasiev View Post
    I paid already for the master collection. it will be available for download in May 7... Can't wait to test it...
    Getting the creative cloud subscription, I hope that it will work better on release day than the trial. OpenCL accel on the 6750M is slower than using the software MPE on my 17" Macbook Pro Lion and the Blackmagic Design Ultrastudio 3D is not working with RED via transmit... I know it's only a trial but it doesn't look good for my hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Robino_J View Post
    Getting the creative cloud subscription, I hope that it will work better on release day than the trial. OpenCL accel on the 6750M is slower than using the software MPE on my 17" Macbook Pro Lion and the Blackmagic Design Ultrastudio 3D is not working with RED via transmit... I know it's only a trial but it doesn't look good for my hardware.
    I think this is all going to be in the configuration of your system. I expected less performance on my 2008 Mac Pro and seem to be getting the exact opposite. Today I was running 5 layers of R3D mixed with ProRes with Ultrakey, garbage mattes, and color correction.I was able to play in 1/2 res until adding the 5th track and then I dropped to 1/4 res to get the smoothest playback. I can only imagine what a powerful PC with top of the line GPUs will be able to do with CS 6.
    Steve Sherrick
    Chief Collaborator
    Modern Vintage Media
    STEVESHERRICK.COM
    Local 600 DIT/Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherrick View Post
    I think this is all going to be in the configuration of your system. I expected less performance on my 2008 Mac Pro and seem to be getting the exact opposite. Today I was running 5 layers of R3D mixed with ProRes with Ultrakey, garbage mattes, and color correction.I was able to play in 1/2 res until adding the 5th track and then I dropped to 1/4 res to get the smoothest playback. I can only imagine what a powerful PC with top of the line GPUs will be able to do with CS 6.
    Just curious is that in a 1080p timeline?

Im frustrated at the moment I can't use a full 4k timeline and playback in 1080p via my Decklink extreme card. I feel like transmit should have a function to playback video through your selected card at a selected resolution. I'd really like to work with a native 4K timeline, view main display gui 30 inch ACD, 2nd 30 inch ACD as the full screen 2K, and output through the decklink in 1080p to an led display. I feel like this shouldn't be hard to do, but at the moment I'm limited to a 1080p timeline so I am able to view through the decklink. It's sounds simple enough but maybe it's harder to implement in the software?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Ryan View Post
    Just curious is that in a 1080p timeline?

Im frustrated at the moment I can't use a full 4k timeline and playback in 1080p via my Decklink extreme card. I feel like transmit should have a function to playback video through your selected card at a selected resolution. I'd really like to work with a native 4K timeline, view main display gui 30 inch ACD, 2nd 30 inch ACD as the full screen 2K, and output through the decklink in 1080p to an led display. I feel like this shouldn't be hard to do, but at the moment I'm limited to a 1080p timeline so I am able to view through the decklink. It's sounds simple enough but maybe it's harder to implement in the software?
    Yes, these are 1080 timelines. I can't speak to the exact hardware limitations but I have been told in the past that the hand-off of frames from the RED decode to a 3rd party I/O card is not as easy as it may seem. Now, I know that Resolve is able to do this but they are in control of most of the equation there, so perhaps it's a bit easier for them to implement.

I still have some testing to do on R3D playback through Decklink at 1080.
    Steve Sherrick
    Chief Collaborator
    Modern Vintage Media
    STEVESHERRICK.COM
    Local 600 DIT/Operator

Yes, these are 1080 timelines. I can't speak to the exact hardware limitations but I have been told in the past that the hand-off of frames from the RED decode to a 3rd party I/O card is not as easy as it may seem. Now, I know that Resolve is able to do this but they are in control of most of the equation there, so perhaps it's a bit easier for them to implement.

I still have some testing to do on R3D playback through Decklink at 1080.
    Thanks for the reply Steve.

Yeah thats one reason why I love Resolve. I feel like Blackmagic could supply Adobe with the knowledge of how to implement that function in CS6 as that also encourages the purchase of their gear and Adobe's software seems very strong so I would assume its software could support that function. It's frustrating in CS6 now since I've been so used to Resolve and it's output regardless of project settings.

Does Premiere Pro CS6 support REDcolor3 and REDgamma3? As well as alchemy/unsharp mask and all?

I'm on 5.5 at the moment and the lack of the above is killing me. Grade looks near perfect until I open it in Premiere

Quote Originally Posted by Josef Gatti View Post
    Does Premiere Pro CS6 support REDcolor3 and REDgamma3?

I'm on 5.5 at the moment and the lack of the above is killing me. Grade looks near perfect until I open it in Premiere
    I beleive I read somewhere that CS6 doesnt support REDcolor3 and REDgamma3 yet.
    Tom Daigon
    Premiere Pro / After Effects
    HP Z820
    Dulce Pro DQg2 raid
    www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxPrG3WUyz8

RC3/RG3 are not currently supported, but I suspect based on Adobe's track record with the RED SDK that it won't be long before it's integrated.
    Steve Sherrick
    Chief Collaborator
    Modern Vintage Media
    STEVESHERRICK.COM
    Local 600 DIT/Operator

Thats amazing. May I ask what processor and speed your Mac pro is and what GPUs Yu are using? RR?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Ryan View Post
    Thanks for the reply Steve.

Yeah thats one reason why I love Resolve. I feel like Blackmagic could supply Adobe with the knowledge of how to implement that function in CS6 as that also encourages the purchase of their gear and Adobe's software seems very strong so I would assume its software could support that function. It's frustrating in CS6 now since I've been so used to Resolve and it's output regardless of project settings.
    EDIT: I quoted the wrong post... I'm responding to your question if it was on a 1080p timeline. Sorry.

Thats in a 4K timeline bypassing the ULtrastudio 3D and monitoring through the second monitor option in transmit. ULtrastudio 3D is working at 1080p with the native BMD sequence presets.