Thread: Another Adobe Workflow Video (short and sweet)

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hey Dustin,

Thanks for the work flow vid. What hard drive config were you using? A raid? Or is playing 1/4 res good enough with out having a raid?

Paul,

I understand your semantic confusion, high/low level is very common language in the computer programming world. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-_and_low-level

Paul, I remember seeing a video on the adobe site and they were doing as you said, working on a green screen key in ae, then going to premiere and it was updated, but i'm not sure if the whole edit was in ae when they did this.

Maybe someone from adobe can point to a tutorial on this as I can't find the video that I saw before.

yeah... what i'm looking for is a dynamic link to after effects that brings a sequence in as a composition (just as if you'd done a normal import), not as a single footage element. did i only have a dream about seeing this or what? i know i've seen it in action, but i can't get it to work! frustrating... :(
    Scarlet-X #970 "Silver"

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Solomon View Post
    This is a very high level explanation of my workflow on a recent feature film. It covers the process from after I import the R3D footage into Premiere until I export it out for DCP. This project was approved by Dolby and packaged digital cinema, so this works. :)

Please check out the trailer for the film here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTSzNPUOGWo

Dustin,

Very helpful THANK YOU!

FCP to Production Pro upgrade made easy!

Really appreciate this workflow!

Best,

Kennan & Karen Ward
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by paulherrin View Post
    yeah... what i'm looking for is a dynamic link to after effects that brings a sequence in as a composition (just as if you'd done a normal import), not as a single footage element. did i only have a dream about seeing this or what? i know i've seen it in action, but i can't get it to work! frustrating... :(
    You can either bring a sequence in as a single clip or import the prproj recreating the sequence as a comp, but then it isn't live...

Cheers

Dave
    Trying to make Adobe the best software for RED footage!

Thanks David. I guess I had a dream about it, because it is very vivid in my memory. :)

Up and running CS6 now ;) but in either case I've found a pretty interesting workaround that I think can support a Pr>Ae>Pr>Ae... workflow. Testing now. Who can I best contact directly to discuss this and a few really easy suggestions that need to be addressed?
    Scarlet-X #970 "Silver"

Quote Originally Posted by paulherrin View Post
    Thanks David. I guess I had a dream about it, because it is very vivid in my memory. :)

Up and running CS6 now ;) but in either case I've found a pretty interesting workaround that I think can support a Pr>Ae>Pr>Ae... workflow. Testing now. Who can I best contact directly to discuss this and a few really easy suggestions that need to be addressed?
    Well you can discuss here, but please use our feature request page.

Cheers

Dave
    Trying to make Adobe the best software for RED footage!

Okay, cool. I'll do both. Should I make a laundry list and submit it all or submit each little thing individually?
    Scarlet-X #970 "Silver"

> Should I make a laundry list and submit it all or submit each little thing individually?
    It's easier for us to tally the requests and count them as "votes" when they come in individually.

Just a reminder for everyone:
    You can submit feature requests and bug reports here: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

More on feedback for Premiere Pro: http://adobe.ly/q6pEBy

Awesome, thanks Todd. Expect some stuff next week :)
    Scarlet-X #970 "Silver"