Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Questions..?

Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263
    How was Fiji? And what new trends will RED set this year? Keep me in the loop if possible during my surgery (surgery) 25th of June -(recovery)- 25th of July.

Edit ** does the new turbo card allow scarlet higher frame-rates?
    Last edited by Paul Ellington; 06-04-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Paul Ellington
    director/dp & writer

don't believe that questions will be answered, but maybe it is worth to ask...

can we expect pal friendly framerates for scarlet-x?
    hdrx for 25fps not only 24?
    50 fps at 3k ?
    maybe at reduced quality if not possible in the same res. as the 24 / 48 fps ?
    i tink a lot of european and pal users would be very happy with that...
    ;-)
    best, norbert
    Norbert Jalitsch - Cinematographer & Filmmaker / Vienna
    www.dsmworx.at / digital still motion worx

norbert.jalitsch@gmx.at

I would like that the Scarlet+Dragon sensor would use a s35 area at 24 fps at least,not like now = 5k 12fps...not useful.
    For those who are used to shoot in full frame 24x36mm is crap

Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Sánchez View Post
    I would like that the Scarlet+Dragon sensor would use a s35 area at 24 fps at least,not like now = 5k 12fps...not useful.
    For those who are used to shoot in full frame 24x36mm is crap
    4k on the scarlet uses the s35 sensor area, 5k is more than s35.
    Salt Lake City based Colorist/DIT/DMT/AC originally from New England.

You can set the Scarlet to record 25fps and 25fps project time base, so it is pal friendly

Thanks a lot for the info, i did not know that ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Zac C View Post
    4k on the scarlet uses the s35 sensor area, 5k is more than s35.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    nope... not required at all.

dealing with witness marks is going to be a whole different story when you can actually see what you are shooting when you look down on your controller..
    I never followed up with this, but I still want to raise this point. It sounds like there is a monitor built into the Redmote Pro then? I think this is still not good enough, and actual accurate witness marks are really important. If you are just looking at a soft image with a soft background it can be tough to know if you're ahead or behind on focus. The actor is over or behind their mark, but if that mark doesn't line up to a distance in your head that you can then compare to a distance read out on the lens, it can be very hard to correct for on the fly.

This is currently how the birger system works anyway. The 1st stands at the monitor with the focus remote in hand, and tries his or she best to find focus. He can mark the wheel, and he can often mark the actor, but that extra reassurance of being able to know the distance and compare it to an accurate distance (on the barrel or on the focus wheel itself) is a really nice feature, and a lot of firsts rely on that.

Still anxiously waiting for the Redmote Pro, witness marks or no witness marks!

I took that as meaning you don't NEED Meizler or wireless HD module to use Redmote pro (aka you still have the ability to make your marks etc.) but if you have those you can have video displayed on the controller too.
    Harrison Diamond | Commercial Director - Sports Photographer - Aspiring Cinematographer
    Scarlet-X #1077