Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Questions..?

Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263 LastLast
    Those of you who are worrying about what comes after Dragon totally crack me up. Most of you have only had your Epic or Scarlet for a few months and probably still haven't explored all of its capabilities. This is even more true because of the big changes coming from the firmware releases that Jarred discussed earlier in this thread.

Dragon won't come out for many months (that's for Epic, who knows when it will be out for Scarlet) and the world of RED has a way of changing as products develop. Speculating about what comes after an as-yet unreleased product is so absurd that I have to laugh when I read these comments. Which part of Jim's signature line "Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..." don't you understand?
    BRAINCELL CAMERA - MICHIGAN Renting Weapon Helium, Gemini, Raven, Alexa Studio, Alexa Mini
    Primes: Atlas Anamorphics, Cooke Panchro Classic, Sigma Cine, Celere HS, Leica R, Zeiss Contax
    Zooms: Optimo 15-40, Optimo DPs, Cooke 18-100, Duclos 11-16
    Support: Ronin 2, Black Arm, Alpha Wheels, Tero, ReadyRig, EasyRig, Teradek RT FIZs, Teradek Bolts, Bright Tangerine matteboxes, FSI monitors
    ------
    Cinematography/Production Professor, Compass College of Cinematic Arts, Grand Rapids, MI

2.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #602  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike 'Fireman' Ross View Post
    Jarred,

Thanks for the great thread, and taking the time to do this. It's really appreciated. I've been trying to keep up!

Quickie non-tech/product question for you.

Trademarks.

I know you guys are gung ho on protecting the RED trademark, and I understand why. So no use of 'RED' in business names etc.

Fair enough, loud and clear.

How about depictions of an actual RED camera? Photographs, drawings, sketches etc. on, say, letterheads, websites, and business cards?

Any restrictions there?

Thanks

Mike
    We have design patents on most of our stuff.. so depictions are still protected.. but if you want to do something, just send me an email and ask :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    After NAB It is cloudy out there in the market... a sea of stuff. At first.. I thought it was going to be easier for the customers.. more choices. But then i realized its actually getting harder.
    I left NAB with pretty much the same feeling. I am utterly confused about some the newer bodies, codec choices, price points, and general logic from some manufacturers. So much is up in the air with a lot of that development. Much of which won't get wrangled into something concise for at least another year, perhaps even two if they adhere to their consistent incremental yearly camera body releases.

It is funny that what is big news "today" for many others is stuff that Red has been doing for 5 years now. And yet they fell short of even the Red One's earliest specs. Red has an established raw 4k+ workflow and desired by industry professionals. With what Dragon specs we know, it's exceptionally clear to see who is leading the industry and pushing forward with technology.

As confused as I was with what was at NAB, I left feeling pretty damn secure being on this side of the fence.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Are there any news about a RED proxy module -
    or was it eventually kicked from the priority list?
    Scarlet Dragon #075 "Arletty"
    RPZ 17-50mm
    Angenieux 35-140mm T3.5
    Hawk Vantage 14mm T2

THanks Jarred for all the info...are you guys still going to enable the stills feature or is that pushed into the back burner.
    Clay Haskell, ICG
    Director - Writer - Cinematographer

LOS ANGELES - NYC - BERLIN

SHOWREEL | haskellfilms

Quote Originally Posted by C.H.Haskell View Post
    THanks Jarred for all the info...are you guys still going to enable the stills feature or is that pushed into the back burner.
    There is already a bunch of discussion of that in the thread. 'Search Thread' function might help you find it :)

Senior Member Mike 'Fireman' Ross's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    We have design patents on most of our stuff.. so depictions are still protected.. but if you want to do something, just send me an email and ask :)
    Thanks big man, I'll be in touch.

Mike
    'No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother.
    Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame.
    For one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see.'

RED SCARLET-X #513, 'Hekla'
    RED EPIC DRAGON #2229, 'Katla'
    RED ONE MX #10066, 'Askja'

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    As confused as I was with what was at NAB, I left feeling pretty damn secure being on this side of the fence.
    Echoed
    Music promo Director/Editor
    Founder/Director - be83 Group
    www.be83.co.uk
    Owner of Scarlet #0660 lovingly named Chopper

Last edited by Madjid El ayari; 10-02-2012 at 01:25 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
    PHOTOGRAPHY DOP SCENARIST

www.madjidelayari.com

Will we get more timelapse options on the epic/scarlet builds soon? Like less then 1fps.
    Motorizedprecision.com
    Oregon Based Cinematographer / Creator of Kira an innovative new high-speed camera robot.

Epic X DRAGON Canon Cinema Primes EF