Thread: Ripple Training DaVinci Core training for 79$

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Ripple Training DaVinci Core training for 79$ 
    Just to let people know that Ripple Training added a tutorial-training for DaVinci Resolve for 79$:

http://www.rippletraining.com/catego...i-resolve.html

I can't vote for the quality. I downloaded it, but haven't watched it yet, for the first 4 interface movies (which were good). I've been wanting to learn more about DaVinci after doing some smaller work in Color (and liking it).

The tutorial seems to go trough a lot of material, at a 7 or 8 hour length, and seems an affordable price for people to get to learn the software.

FCP.org has a coupon code until the end of the week that lets you download it for a discounted price, so I'll just relink to them, for people interested:

http://www.fcp.co/component/content/...raining-course

Regards,

Thanks, I downloaded it yesterday and watched a few of them already.
    I've been playing with resolve on a few projects lately and learning on the go, so these videos answer most of the questions I still had about some features and gives some nice tips.

Thanks for the post, I've been looking around for something like this everywhere. This is an excellent tutorial for someone like myself who is new to DaVinci and needed to start off with the Basics. I've been going through it for a day and it's really taken me up to speed. The tutorial is executed very professionally. Clear sound, crisp video, with downloadable sample files to help follow through the lessons . Very much like tutorials at Lynda.com. Good stuff.

Thanks for sharing this. I will take a look. The videos are in mp4 format?
    Twitter: @hybridvigorfilm

Hybrid Vigor is a 100% crowdfunded feature film.
    We've been backed over 1,900 times by people from 44 countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon J.F. View Post
    Thanks for sharing this. I will take a look. The videos are in mp4 format?
    The Videos are .mov files. You will need itunes installed in order to download. When you download it there will be a PDF containing a link to download the example files. This is a .dmg file which will run fine on MAC but not on PC. I had to download a 15 day trial version of TransMac http://www.asy.com/sharetm.htm
    in order to open the .dmg file on my PC. The tutorial is geared towards MAC but I was able to follow along fine on my PC. COMMAND = CNTRL etc...

Edit: Talk about fast customer service, Just got an email from support saying they are uploading a ZIP file with the example files for us PC users.
    Last edited by Noel R.; 04-08-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Thanks for sharing

These are excellent training.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel R. View Post
    The Videos are .mov files. You will need itunes installed in order to download. When you download it there will be a PDF containing a link to download the example files. This is a .dmg file which will run fine on MAC but not on PC. I had to download a 15 day trial version of TransMac http://www.asy.com/sharetm.htm
    in order to open the .dmg file on my PC. The tutorial is geared towards MAC but I was able to follow along fine on my PC. COMMAND = CNTRL etc...

Edit: Talk about fast customer service, Just got an email from support saying they are uploading a ZIP file with the example files for us PC users.
    I'm also on a PC. That sucks about iTunes. I don't have it installed and don't really want to. The .dmg file is not a big deal. 7-Zip handles .dmg files now problem (and it's free). Do I have to play the mov files in iTunes?
    Twitter: @hybridvigorfilm

Hybrid Vigor is a 100% crowdfunded feature film.
    We've been backed over 1,900 times by people from 44 countries.

You don't have to play them in iTunes, you can view them in Quicktime or whatever video software you use.
    I'm not sure if there is an iTunes-less way to download them, though. Maybe contact Ripple Training?