http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4090746/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Epic-X Dragon 2756 "Chief"
    Scarlet X 2280 "Boss"
    Contax Zeiss 25,35,50,85,100,180,300 superspeeds
    tokina 11-16
    Sigma 18-35

"I don't know where the artificial stops and the real begins" Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Morrison View Post
    I'm the one who said 7-8k, and I do know what I'm talking about. My second video hit #1 on MTV.com, ranking higher than Adele, Katy Perry, and every other major label artist on the site for three days straight. You can see it here.

I mean 8k for the TOTAL budget. Shoot, posts, etc. We got 4k for that one, and I put in another 6-8k alone as I knew MTV was into the song. It was a gamble. Small videos yeah are between 2-4k. Bigger ones (soup to nuts) can get you 10k. Most of my budget went into locations, crew, color grading especially I paid through the nose for. I shot for two days non-stop, and that isn't cheap. Insurance, gear, van rentals, etc.

But that's just me.

Our edit alone (with one of my favorite editors in NYC, he is one of the best) was 10 sessions.

To do a great video requires a lot of time, money and dedication, and as you say. There's no money in it, and it's not worth it, so I stopped doing it even though the last one "did well".

Peace out.
    Nick that's a great video and I see what you mean now, when you're forced to pay for everything piece meal then yes the budgets can go that high. But I come from a different world where I do everything myself, on some projects and so that's why the budgets are even much lower because when you're the DP, the gaffer, supply the equipment, AND am the one doing the editing and color grading as well then even 4k budget is pushing it on most projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dmitriyev View Post
    Nick that's a great video and I see what you mean now, when you're forced to pay for everything piece meal then yes the budgets can go that high. But I come from a different world where I do everything myself, on some projects and so that's why the budgets are even much lower because when you're the DP, the gaffer, supply the equipment, AND am the one doing the editing and color grading as well then even 4k budget is pushing it on most projects.
    I hear you brother. You clearly have the passion. And the talent, cuz you keep getting gigs. But...I would urge you to spread the wealth. Find some others to collaborate with...especially editors, and gaffers. Don't kill yourself. And the work will get BETTER. And the rates! At least...that's what I'm holding onto.

Be well, and no problem. We're all here to pull each other up, not down. Keep the faith. And stay strong. AND...make your team. Find your crew. The sky will be the limit when you do. At least...that's what I'm holding on to. And if you look at people who "have made it", they are generally in a team. They are not alone.

Best.
    Nick Morrison - Director (WGA-East)

Scarlet Package (Upgrading to Epic Soon!)
    Contax Primes & Zooms (MM+AE, 16-500) + Hasseblad Primes (50-250) + Other Lens Exotica
    Davinci Resolve Station w/Rocket + Avid 7