Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: odd bugs in new scarlet firmware, onset now... will keep posting findings.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 odd bugs in new scarlet firmware, onset now... will keep posting findings. 
    Few things, these are new bugs that weren't in last firmware.

1: camera won't stop recording. Gets locked in rec mode, and won't stop till you force shutdown. Then corrups the clip. Happened twice. Lost 20 min of footage. I'm very sad.

2: RAW view doesn't work

3: audio has a small beep that only kicks in when you record. About 4 cycles a sec, and its very low but there. May just be in headphone regurn. Haven't checked clips yet, will update when I get to DIT station.

Will keep updating. Any ideas red folks?
    Director Of Photography
    RED Epic DRAGON - Fujinon Cabrio 19-90 T2.9 - Oconnor 2060 + accessories
    www.TimurCivan.com
    Timurcivan@gmail.com

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Timur, please save a log file and contact RED SUPPORT directly by sending us a tech support ticket here https://www.red.com/contact_us/new.

NICK

...same over here - audio has clicks is not useable any more.

Best,
    Christian
    Christian Felder, Freelance Camera & Postproduction
    Red Epic X #1335

The beeping was ONLY in the audio return. The recorded audio is clean.

I will def do that nick.
    Director Of Photography
    www.TimurCivan.com
    Timurcivan@gmail.com

I had same problems with my scarlet. The rec button was not stopping anymore the camera from recording and I had to shut down loosing the last clip recorded! I think red is selling dreams but not real working cameras!
    Love the picture but I use it for work and I need stability as may other brands offer to their clients! Very upset with everything especially thinking that they are selling remote and side handle with photo option that is not enabled yet....it is like I am selling a car with 5 speed but in reality it has only 4....not legal I think...
    And another dirty game of having all the clients waiting for parts in backorder and a bunch of black market thefts ready to act in their dirty game selling red parts for double price....ridiculous!

6.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #6  
    What serial number is your Scarlet?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by marcelocresta View Post
    I had same problems with my scarlet. The rec button was not stopping anymore the camera from recording and I had to shut down loosing the last clip recorded! I think red is selling dreams but not real working cameras!
    Love the picture but I use it for work and I need stability as may other brands offer to their clients! Very upset with everything especially thinking that they are selling remote and side handle with photo option that is not enabled yet....it is like I am selling a car with 5 speed but in reality it has only 4....not legal I think...
    And another dirty game of having all the clients waiting for parts in backorder and a bunch of black market thefts ready to act in their dirty game selling red parts for double price....ridiculous!
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

cross-examiner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    What serial number is your Scarlet?

Jim
    It is legit, Jim. Timur is real! :-) Clever question BTW ;)
    RED ONE @home
    Emanuel & Co's RED ONE
    RED ZOOM LENSES
    RED 300mm LENS
    Who am I?

* LINK *
    ** IMDb **

He wasn't asking Timur.

SCARLET-X "Mathilda"

"Life is full of obstacles. They never end. The ones that get past them have the richest life."
    jim jannard

"if your pictures aren't good enough, you aren't close enough."
    robert capa

cross-examiner
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Grossien View Post
    He wasn't asking Timur.
    Yes, only about serial #s ;-)

Till having information on the serial number, we only know here the name of the poster. A different one can be anything, as for instance the 2nd one who joined the 'party' (even though, he's adding some pertinent details on his complaint).

Being Timur, it is legit enough to wonder about. The ID of the user is, then, the only piece of the chain that counts. The point is: mass selling means to see spread all over the angles the viewpoint on 'our' business strategies, company's policies and so on. Criticism is a natural pop-up. Also useful if fair, IMHO. In any case, where else we see the owner of the brand to listen the 'customer board' as on reduser?

<PS:> The great danish physicist Niels Bohr left us such a quote which says: «The opposite of a trivial truth is false; the opposite of a great truth is also true.»
    RED ONE @home
    Emanuel & Co's RED ONE
    RED ZOOM LENSES
    RED 300mm LENS
    Who am I?

* LINK *
    ** IMDb **

I'm real. :)

after a couple boot cycles the raw check started working again. I isolated the problem i think. you have to exit out of all the menues before you hit record. Hitting record when in 1:1, raw view, FalseColor etc.... seems to trigger anomalies. once its rolling you can go back to focus check, FColor, clipping view etc... just exit out before hitting record. simple enough. the corrupted clips i already sent to tech support with a log.txt file.
    Director Of Photography
    www.TimurCivan.com
    Timurcivan@gmail.com