Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: 2x RedRocket not recognized in system

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 2x RedRocket not recognized in system 
    Hi guys,
    I have a MacPro and two Red Rocket Cards to choose from. The problem is, none of those show up in the system, in whatever PCI slot, tried different firmwares and drivers, the safety mode with dip switch #8 - nothing.
    What i realized right after powering up the MacPro, there are two lights on the Rocket Card which show up red.
    In my theory red lights always mean something negative. But with the company RED this might be different.
    Can anybody tell me what these lights mean?

Thanks in advance!
    Matthias

Attached Images

just out of curiocity - have you tried pulling one card? does it also happen with only one redrocket installed?
    best wishes and kind regards,
    martin

Hi Martin,
    I always used only one card.

In the meantime I installed both cards -separately- in a Z800. Windows 7 recognizes both of them and installing latest driver and firmware is as simple as there was never a problem with this hardware. But none of them is able to transcode or to output, one of them even gives the system a hard time starting. Every second start of Windows fails.
    After activating the Rocket in RCX not even the preview loads. Deactivating it causes a crash of RCX.

4.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #4  
    Red Team
    Matthias,

Can you send verbose RCX log files to redcinex at red dot com when this happens please? You can enable verbose from the preferences.

For the Rocket side of things, please contact support at red.com/support.

Cheers,
    David

So as I expected, the log file from RCX couldn't bring up any big solutions to my Rocket problem.
    But thanks for the effort, David!
    Still the question: What do the red lights on the board indicate? Does this tell me "Whoa, you got a serious hardware problem"?