Thread: Hired Gun 150wh Vmount

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. #1 Hired Gun 150wh Vmount 
    I was curious as to wether anyone was using these Hired Gun Vmounts with their Epic/Scarlet as I am about to get these. http://www.videoproshop.biz/index.html The price of two 150wh batteries and charger is quite resonable.

After reading their site...I'm getting a 4pack with charger!! Awesome! Thanks for posting :)

No problem, glad i could help.

I'm using one with their single charger and it's been working without a hitch.
    Harrison Diamond | Commercial Director - Sports Photographer - Aspiring Cinematographer
    Scarlet-X #1077

Los Angeles, CA, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison Diamond View Post
    I'm using one with their single charger and it's been working without a hitch.

Are you getting % remaining indicator or just voltage?

Nice found
    Rent 5K for $500/day - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-X, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20".

Green Screen Studio (with Reflecmedia), Kino 8'4/4'4/2'4' Kit, Arri Kit, Lite Panel kit, EZ-JIB + VZ Remote Head, Indie-Dolly kit, Cine-Slider, Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis (soon)

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 9 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

GMP is a little bit cheaper. But not much.
    BC
    Director/Editor
    www.brandon-christensen.com
    Scarlet-X - 1742

Pretty sure Hired Gun, GMP, Beillen and others are just re-brands of the same chinese battery, they certainly all look the same minus the sticker. That said, why not get them cheapest from the source? I got two of these from ebay, and they seem to work well on my Scarlet. I just ordered two more even though the price went up $15.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150wh-V-lock...item27c0046938

No tax no shipping, no wiretransfer like GMP, and I get back $5 in ebay bucks and $2.5 back on my credit card compared to wiretansfer which costs extra... This makes them well over $65 cheaper per battery than GMP or Hired Gun, more if you count the charger etc

they also have them without the charger I just noticed, but $30 is great for the charger when Hired gun charges $60-100 and GMP charges $50 plus shipping.

You do have to wait for shipping from China though, but I guess GMP ships from NZ which must take a while as well?
    Noah Yuan-Vogel | noahyv.com

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonChristensen View Post
    GMP is a little bit cheaper. But not much.
    It really depends, though. If you are in the US it costs $0 for shipping/insurance to buy from these guys and they take paypal.

GMP charged us $100 to ship, plus our bank charged a $35 wire fee, plus we had to cover their wire fee of $22.

All told, we paid $885 for 2x Red V-Mounts and the 2 Battery charger. That's basically a wash with the prices for Hired Gun batteries and you are probably paying more if your purchase is any less than that from GMP.

I'll be ordering from Hired Gun from here on out unless GMP updates to at least a late 20th century purchase policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Beatty View Post
    It really depends, though. If you are in the US it costs $0 for shipping/insurance to buy from these guys and they take paypal.

GMP charged us $100 to ship, plus our bank charged a $35 wire fee, plus we had to cover their wire fee of $22.

All told, we paid $885 for 2x Red V-Mounts and the 2 Battery charger. That's basically a wash with the prices for Hired Gun batteries and you are probably paying more if your purchase is any less than that from GMP.

I'll be ordering from Hired Gun from here on out unless GMP updates to at least a late 20th century purchase policy.
    Oh wow, I didn't know that.

Thanks for the info :)
    BC
    Director/Editor
    www.brandon-christensen.com
    Scarlet-X - 1742