Thread: RedCine X Pro - Title Workflow

Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

1. #1 RedCine X Pro - Title Workflow 
    Hello,

I`m currently gearing up for a short film shot on RED and I`ll be handling the post workflow, and I was wondering what was the best worfklow would be for retaining titles when working with RED footage.

Currently, I am planning to make ProRes LT proxies from the raw R3D`s, edit with proxies in Final Cut 7, add titles/credits created with Final Cut/Motion, and then reconform back to R3D`s for the timing. I know that I can add titles as the last step in Final Cut if I rendered the color timed footage back into Final Cut, but I`m confused as to how I would retain the title work when using RedCine X Pro to render DPX files for final delivery.

In all my tests I only have blank gaps in the RED Cine timeline where the titles would be, so I don`t know how I would go about this.

Thanks in advance for any hellp

why not conform in After Effects? You would render dpx out of redcine, import those in AE and fill the blanks with typo?
    best wishes and kind regards,
    martin

Alright, I have it 90% working. Made a test sequence in final cut with 2 seconds of black at beginning, then a sample RED clip. Reconformed in Red Cine X, exported as DPX sequence. Imported to After Effects, the only issue is that I am now missing the 2 seconds on space before the RED footage starts. It is recognized by redcine as there being a gap there, but it is skipped over when putting put out to DPX. Starting at frame 48-49 instead.