Thread: Avid Epic Audio now supported

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Avid Epic Audio now supported 
    Download from Avid Knowledgebase support for Epic Audio via R3D AMA Plug-in v1.7 for Media Composer v6.0.x and Symphony v6.0.x:

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=394823

Michael
    ‎"There are a thousand ways to point a camera, but really only one."
    Ernst Lubitsch

a step in the good direction again
    audio and image postproduction in Antwerp. 2x recording studio with 5.1 surround.
    www.nuhollywood.com

I can confirm it works in Symphony Nitris 6.0.1 on a Mac. A good development, though RedColor3 and RedGamma3 are just around the corner (any day now!)

Any idea whether 6.0.1 works with AJA Kona? I haven't seen any updates on AJA's site.

can someone confirm how playback is with epic footage if you don't have rocket installed??? is it really useable at all working directly with the native files?
    audio and image postproduction in Antwerp. 2x recording studio with 5.1 surround.
    www.nuhollywood.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Torrie View Post
    I can confirm it works in Symphony Nitris 6.0.1 on a Mac. A good development, though RedColor3 and RedGamma3 are just around the corner (any day now!)

Any idea whether 6.0.1 works with AJA Kona? I haven't seen any updates on AJA's site.
    It does. I am using it right now. originally the Kona 3 was not going to be supported, but somewhere along the line that changed. It was only going to be Kona 3G. Kona is working well. I have an occasional hiccup that I think is Kona hardware related but overall it does work and I have to say seems a bit snappier than the black magic card I have.

I have not had a chance to test Epic audio yet.
    Steve Sherrick
    Chief Collaborator
    Modern Vintage Media
    STEVESHERRICK.COM
    Local 600 DIT/Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Sven Seynaeve View Post
    can someone confirm how playback is with epic footage if you don't have rocket installed??? is it really useable at all working directly with the native files?
    Rocket doesn't affect playback. Only rendering/transcoding. My system is kind of old at this point, so I can't speak to what the performance on a new mac would be but by throwing it in draft mode you should get decent playback on a new system. I still prefer offline/online workflow. Red One R3Ds play very smooth in Avid from my testing. I might bring some Scarlet footage in and test with that.
    Steve Sherrick
    Chief Collaborator
    Modern Vintage Media
    STEVESHERRICK.COM
    Local 600 DIT/Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherrick View Post
    Rocket doesn't affect playback. Only rendering/transcoding. My system is kind of old at this point, so I can't speak to what the performance on a new mac would be but by throwing it in draft mode you should get decent playback on a new system. I still prefer offline/online workflow. Red One R3Ds play very smooth in Avid from my testing. I might bring some Scarlet footage in and test with that.
    Hi Steve,
    redrocket transcoding all formats (prores,uncompressed,dnxhd,...) or just xdcam?

thanks
    Luigi
    Color Correction DAVINCI Resolve/Digital Workflow/Red Camera Rental
    CARBON DRAGON #44 "DJANGO"
    DRAGON #599 "MACHETE " and EPIC #668

SITE
    www.cine5k.ch

www.rsi.ch

Hey Steve -can you work with other formats beyond 1080P with the Kona -i.e. 2k projects or does the Symphony/MC software lock it at 1080 like it does with the Nitris? I've been sticking with my Nitris DX box for I/O but I do have a Kona3 card and the K3 box but haven't jumped in yet.

Also, does the Kona play nice with DNxcel files? I read some of the documentation from Avid about hardware limitations and certain codecs don't seem to work, but they don't list them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Torrie View Post
    Hey Steve -can you work with other formats beyond 1080P with the Kona -i.e. 2k projects or does the Symphony/MC software lock it at 1080 like it does with the Nitris? I've been sticking with my Nitris DX box for I/O but I do have a Kona3 card and the K3 box but haven't jumped in yet.

Also, does the Kona play nice with DNxcel files? I read some of the documentation from Avid about hardware limitations and certain codecs don't seem to work, but they don't list them.
    With MC, only able to work up to 1080 at the moment.
    In terms of codec compatibility, I have been mainly focusing on DNxHD codecs and they have worked pretty well with the Kona 3.
    Steve Sherrick
    Chief Collaborator
    Modern Vintage Media
    STEVESHERRICK.COM
    Local 600 DIT/Operator

Let's hope Avid unlocks 2k+ for NAB with Symphony & MC.