Thread: why no Edius 6 support yet????

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 why no Edius 6 support yet???? 
    OK, this will be released at NAB,, when starting this thread , I didn't know yet, sorry for that.

The stability this program can bring, and it's ability to have s3d footage edited right away is really cool. Never had 1 crash in the last 3 years, even with different versions. 100% reliable.
    camera operator/ editing / sound / DIT
    specular.productions@gmail.com

yeah I know cs5.5 is incredible , but the lack of s3d editing right now , and my past experiences since 1.0 force me to ask for support, especially because of it's speeded up workflow it can bring. it's not sophisicated, but it can get jobs done without any problems.
    that's their strenght where others have failed in the past, at least to me.

a solution for me to get from redcine to canopus hqx files could also do the job in the meantime, but don't know if that would be possible, might be easier and doable by red themselves perhaps????

Dude, you haven't heard? They released a 40 day trial version (35 days ago) that supports red! It's happening, don't stress. EDIUS will come through with the goods and rein supreme as the fastest most stable editor again, I'm sure of it. I'll be at NAB showing off its new tricks, including native R3D support this year. My Scarlet arrives any day now so I'll be pushing that workflow for sure.

Matt

Hi Matthew , thx a lot for answering this, no i didn't know but will certainly follow what's on the radar.

Too bad, i can't find any link or related articles toward it.

do you have any official info actually?? would like to read.

seems a quiet strange, because I've read they already support the canon c300 by now, off course that might have been easier to implement.

You used Google right? Download it last post on this page :) http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24836

Ok , was able to test some epic and scarlet and epic footage playing back on 2010 acer quadcore laptop.

however still not figured out how the rmd get's loaded in , and if there's actually a menu to change source settings. playback quiet smooth when dropping res.

so edius will definately playback red camera footage !!!!

did some tests using Scarlet footage , native imported, directly transcoded to hqx canopus intermediate codec in 3K, setup a some stereoclips , and had quiet smooth playback
    was actually pretty amazed with the color tools as well.

It's a great step in the right direction :) At leastw Grass Valley are listening. For more info on EDIUS's colour abilities, check out my free tutorials > http://vimeo.com/27292117

And now we have also generic v210 exporter :)

For those, who have no idea about HQX codec- 10bit, 4:2:2 with alpha channel. Quality wise- fully scalable from off-line up to Cineform FS2 quality (or even better). Compression ratio up to about 2:1 (close to lossless).
    Speed- 4K HQX should work like a charm even with few filters on proper machine (should even work on i7 6 cores). There is also possibility to put 4K HQX into HD timeline and have proper HD (always full quality) preview over one of GV HD-SDI or HDMI cards. Performance is amazing.