Thread: Nokia announces 8k camera phone!

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Lequeux View Post

Am I getting this right about the sensor? If it is "1 over 1.2 inches," then it is 25.4mm by 30mm.... So a tiny bit bigger than S35??? Nice... That would explain the ugly distortion on the edges in full frame pictures. OOF areas look pretty nasty as well.

I don't get the lens... But it seems pretty amazing.
    1/1.2" = 10.67 mm x 8.00 mm = smaller than Super 16mm (12.52x7.41mm) --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_s...f_sensor_sizes

Nokia is pretty serious about their imaging for mobile.

N95 had the best picture quality on the mobile phone market when it was introduced.
    N8 ruled until now. The crown now goes to N808.

Although 640x360 display is probably not the adequate choice, this is a pretty remarkable achievement.
    Hats off.
    "Como delfines en el fondo del oceano
    volamos por el universo incentivados por la esperanza"

"L'esperanza", Sven Väth
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards"
    Jung/ Carol

Quote Originally Posted by Iannis Holwech View Post
    1/1.2" = 10.67 mm x 8.00 mm = smaller than Super 16mm (12.52x7.41mm) --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_s...f_sensor_sizes
    Thanks! Now it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrvoje Simic View Post
    Although 640x360 display is probably not the adequate choice, this is a pretty remarkable achievement.
    Hats off.
    I agree. The Galaxy III might be the phone to get. With a Quad Core 1.5Ghz and a huge 4.6 inch (1920x1080) screen you'll get to do so much more on it. Wish it had a keyboard though... Also would be nice if the next iPhone came with a significantly larger screen, and a keyboard... snif...
    Writer - Director
    Crowing Lakes.com

Banned
    Can it reliably make and receive phone calls?

Quote Originally Posted by Hrvoje Simic View Post
    Nokia is pretty serious about their imaging for mobile.

N95 had the best picture quality on the mobile phone market when it was introduced.
    N8 ruled until now. The crown now goes to N808.

Hats off.
    Nokia has announced that this is the first in a line of Pureview phones. Next up is a Windows Phone 7.5 flagship with a better everything. WP7.5 is super quick, you could take a picture from idle / screen off to captured in 2-3 seconds flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawel Achtel View Post
    Can it reliably make and receive phone calls?
    Is there anyone else who thinks it would be really special if someone would make a phone that you can actually use to talk with people? The sad truth is that my last 4 cell phones have been the worst I've owned at the basic talk functions: 2 iphones and 2 blackberrys. Just freakin' awful.

I haven't moved, but the old analogue phones worked, the digital phones before 3G worked, but the new ones just suck. I really wish they would just stop friggin' around with cameras and make a damn phone that works as a phone.
    David Fuller
    AirStream Pictures
    Portland, ME; Boston, MA
    RED ONE #172MX
    EPIC-M #1053

Quote Originally Posted by sergio arguello View Post
    oh man why am i nervous

hahahhahahahha.... its the future my friend.
    Mark Toia
    Director / DP / Founder of Zoom Film & Television

RED DRAGON #456, RED EPIC X #612, RED EPIC X #1137

www.toia.com

www.zoomfilmtv.com.au

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D Fuller View Post
    .... I really wish they would just stop friggin' around with cameras and make a damn phone that works as a phone.
    LOL Why not make a camera that work like a good phone? Forget phone that makes video, stills, games, diary, alarm clock, calculator, Internet browser, cooking recepie finder, mate finder, pocket horoscope, weather update, currency exchange rate, vibrator...

I think whoever makes a camera that works as a reliable phone is going to be a very rich person.

cross-examiner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iannis Holwech View Post
    Yes, and already linked in the previous pages, twice.

[EDIT] OK, not directly but from another link where besides to include the same link, everything is crystal clear:

It is a mobile phone with a capture device, not a photo or movie camera.

:-)
    RED ONE @home
    Emanuel & Co's RED ONE
    RED ZOOM LENSES
    RED 300mm LENS
    Who am I?

* LINK *
    ** IMDb **

Quote Originally Posted by D Fuller View Post
    Is there anyone else who thinks it would be really special if someone would make a phone that you can actually use to talk with people? The sad truth is that my last 4 cell phones have been the worst I've owned at the basic talk functions: 2 iphones and 2 blackberrys. Just freakin' awful.

I haven't moved, but the old analogue phones worked, the digital phones before 3G worked, but the new ones just suck. I really wish they would just stop friggin' around with cameras and make a damn phone that works as a phone.
    That might be true for Blackberry or iPhone, but certainly not must other smartphones. Nokia Lumia 800 is not only the smartest of all smartphones, it is also the best telephone I have used. I still prefer dumbphones in general though.