Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: SALT II results... (Part 1,2,3,4 Bokeh, Breathing & Flare and Part 5: Impressions)

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    The Duclos Tokina test is very telling. So many people think the mode is just that. A PL mount and gears and De-Clicking. Good info. Thanks!
    My Videos http://vimeo.com/user626030
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/ErikNaso
    Duclos 11-16
    Red 17-50
    Zeiss CP/2 85mm

Quote Originally Posted by Justin McAleece View Post
    When the Birger/Impero system is working perfectly (mainly intermittent issues with the Impero) it is a really great system. It makes remote focusing extremely cost efficient and effective and enables an almost perfect amount of accuracy given the right L series lenses. It's amazing for me to pull off the lens by myself most of the time but then be able to have an AC take over and within about 15-30 seconds be able to grab the remote, fire it up, make some adjustments and pull focus off the big production monitor and never have to install any gears, set hard stops, or hook up power or any of the other things you need to do with a Preston type system. That's not to say that there's anything wrong with normal remote cinema systems, they're obviously awesome, but it was pretty amazing what was capable with the Birger/Impero system for the price and simplicity. I noticed very little image shift on any of the L lenses. For lenses that were not L series it was a whole different ball game. Lots of image shift, very jerky focus and other issues.

Dito all of this.

Carl Dieker
    filmmaker / Stockholm

Ouch, the image shift in those videos was sobering....
    Director,
    The Inclusion Center,
    Center for Rummelighed
    www.rummelighed.org
    Copenhagen, Denmark

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Toia View Post
    Hey Ketch, I went through 3 85mm 1.2s before I got a good one...
    My 16-35 ZOOMs completely smashes my friends one..
    This is an important point... and 100% true. The range of quality is pretty incredible.. Even on the L series. When you get to the cheap 3rd party lenses.. The differences between lens to lens gets even more dramatic.

Yeah, unfortunately all STILL glass manufacturer, the absolute WORST been SIGMA, have a variable quality check, meaning that no one lens is equal to the other, and for this is why I buy my lenses in 3's, as I replied to Mark, I have been doing this since I one day sow a same shot on a same camera on a same lens, taken by a fellow photographer on my shoot, and his was much nicer, so I said, one a minute I know you have done nothing differently, and I know you can't be that much better then me, sorry for the arrogance here, so we tested each lens, BINGO!!

So yeah expect QUALITY CHECK issues with all your Still glass manufacturers, and check your lenses, I do with al mines, and the "L" glass I have now are the selections of the best of 3's.

I hav not yet found this issue with Leica M or S series glass.
    F I L M M A K E R

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    it would be a good business for someone out there to setup as a dealer with all the lens manufactures and get a shipment of lenses, send the marginal ones back and sell the rockstar ones for a slight premium. I'd be a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    it would be a good business for someone out there to setup as a dealer with all the lens manufactures and get a shipment of lenses, send the marginal ones back and sell the rockstar ones for a slight premium. I'd be a customer.
    Yeah, I did actually looked in to do this, the problem is that I needed to become a dealer, in order to do this, as the dealers themselves will not sale me lenses in the agreement that I might return as many as it takes.

Edit, and of course now that I re-read... You did said set up as a "DEALER" ... ;)
    F I L M M A K E R

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by KETCH ROSSi View Post
    Edit, and of course now that I re-read... You did said set up as a "DEALER" ... ;)
    Costco :)

That's why you can't buy lens's on ebay .... they are the rejects from guys like Ketch ! ;)
    -Les Dittert

Quote Originally Posted by Les Dittert View Post
    That's why you can't buy lens's on ebay .... they are the rejects from guys like Ketch ! ;)
    Funny... BUT NO!!

I never did , never will SALE or Broker SUB-Gear!!

I take my services, my name, and what I sale very seriously, I respect others as I expect to be respected, so I don't do that...

All lenses are sent back, that is why I'm on the Black list of some dealers, the STUPID ones of course,
    as places like B&H understand the need of a professional , and respect any item been sent back for any explicably good reasons, like "DOES NOT PERFORM AS ADVERTISED"

Then as Jarred said... There is COSTCO... ;)

Besides.... I don't sale stuff on ebay... ;)
    F I L M M A K E R