Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Temporary Export

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Temporary Export 
    More than a year ago, when my Red One was upgraded, on the way back, it was stuck by the French customs for 10 days.
    All the papers were filled the right way but Fedex told us that they were not doing temporary export anymore and asked us to pay all the taxes based on the original pricing of the camera.
    We had to fight on the phone for 10 days to get the camera back without paying anything so story ended well but we had to rent another camera while our camera was stuck.
    Two weeks ago, I had to send back my DSMC side handle, the RMA department (great people by the way) ordered a DHL pick-up, we filled all the forms as we had to and the RMA checked everything was correct.
    My side handle was fixed in a couple of bays and sent back straight away to my place but it's stuck at the custom for a week now, the reason: DHL doesn't do any temporary export... They want us to pay all the taxes on our item, same story, different company...
    How is that possible?
    I know Red is not related to Fedex or DHL but this thing starts to be a serious issue for my business...
    We are blessed with a great RMA department job which solves our problem in 2 or 3 days max but we're loosing weeks because of these temporary export problems!
    One of my client broke my Red Zoom 50-150mm this week and he supposed to come back on Monday, I will do my best to send it asap to Red but I guess it will be the same issue, on the way back, Fedex, DHL or any other of these freight companies will tell me that they're not taking care anymore of "temporary export".
    What's the right way to deal with that when leaving in Europe?
    Dragon Test Shoot
    Epic-M Dragon, Epic-X and Red One MX packages ready to shoot.
    Custom Water Housing.
    TB Mobile Rocket Station.
    L/K-rtel
    Capbreton, France
    Portfolio
    Twitter @lkrtel

2.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #2  
    Red Team
    Vincent,

You need to enter the shipment as a temporary export before you ship out, and then request a return entry when the goods come back.
    It's not for FedEx or DHL to refuse the process - it is an agreed customs practise.
    RED Europe ships in and out of the EU every day, with FedEx, DHL and other freight companies, and we request temporary export and import documentation without problem.
    In fact, certainly from the UK, FedEx have the most efficient and easiest system to use and goods are rarely held up for more than one day.
    You coiuld of course use the service facilty and RMA which we offer from RED Europe...

Alan.

Alan,
    Thanks for your answer.
    Trust me, before every of my shipment, I've entered it as a temporary export, filled the right document, etc... and everything looked fine, but, when in France, problems started.
    For the Side Handle example, it's even worst as Red took care of everything, ordering the DHL, sending back the material to France, etc... but same issue as before and I can't understand why as I know, and you mentioned it in your post, that it's not up to these companies but it's a custom practice.
    I'm glad to know that I can use the Europe RMA and I will do that for my Red Zoom 50-150mm.
    Dragon Test Shoot
    Custom Water Housing.
    L/K-rtel
    Capbreton, France
    Portfolio
    Twitter @lkrtel

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Piper View Post
    You coiuld of course use the service facilty and RMA which we offer from RED Europe...

Alan.
    Alan,
    I've just sent you a PM regarding the RMA and Red Europe, could you have a look at it, please?
    Thanks.
    Dragon Test Shoot
    Custom Water Housing.
    L/K-rtel
    Capbreton, France
    Portfolio
    Twitter @lkrtel