Thread: A little Premiere <-> redcine-x pro help?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 A little Premiere <-> redcine-x pro help? 
    I've got a final edit in my premiere cs 5.5 timeline which I now want to color correct. I want to take advantage of the alchemy function.

1. How can I grade in redcine and have it automatically updated in my premiere timeline?

- or should I grade in redcine then export each individual clip as something new? (then I'd have to relink in premier, right?..)

2. Should I, at the end, export everything to after effects for final export? (Delivery will be either DCP or ??)

I'm Just trying to wrap my head around the worklflow here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

I follow the first video: http://nofilmschool.com/2012/01/red-...-premiere-pro/
    My problem seems to be that I have to re-import every clip in my timeline as the R3D-file using media browser in Premiere.
    Does anyone have any idea why the clips in the timeline won't refresh when doing changes in redcine? any tricks?
    Last edited by emil tanem; 02-22-2012 at 06:10 AM.

after grading in redcine-x, in premiere - go to the clip's source settings and at the top click 'reload from rmd'. i do not know of a more automatic way to do it than that. it does not appear that alchemy is yet supported natively in premiere cs5.5.
    Adam Clark
    Trick Digital
    www.trickdigital.com
    VFX/CREATIVE/INTERACTIVE

alchemy isn't supported by Red Rocket either

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Russell View Post
    alchemy isn't supported by Red Rocket either
    Hi Paul,
    As far I can see it is supported by RR, but depending on how much adjustments I make it gets slower in playback and rendering.
    Marc

Alchemy isn't supported in PP.

Any changes you make to that slider will have no effect. The program doesn't know what alchemy is or how to deal with it.

You can export an FCP XML of your timeline from Premiere, import that into REDCine-X and you should have your timeline appear.

Then you can grade and export as Pro-Res, DPX - whatever.
    stevemarshalldp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Marshall View Post
    Alchemy isn't supported in PP.

Any changes you make to that slider will have no effect. The program doesn't know what alchemy is or how to deal with it.

You can export an FCP XML of your timeline from Premiere, import that into REDCine-X and you should have your timeline appear.

Then you can grade and export as Pro-Res, DPX - whatever.
    Don't expect to have transitions, fades or anything other than straight cuts. As far as i can tell, redcine does not support anything more than straight cutting at the moment.
    Director of Photography - Fueled Creative
    http://www.fueledcreative.com