Thread: HTML export shot list in Scratch!

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 HTML export shot list in Scratch! 
    Hi all,
    I was watching the latest webinar for Scratch and discovered the HTML export feature.
    It was a bitter sweet feeling because I immediately saw major potential.
    I was "hoping" to grade my scenes, export an HTML file with all the thumbnails and send it to my client for review.
    but what I discovered was, the HTML page doesn't show any GRADES APPLIED.
    It seems to show a thumbnail of the source file NOT the construct Thumnail.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?
    What would be the main purpose of this export if it doesn't show any grades??

Thanks in advance,

Hi Willy,
    Scratch is "open". You can get in the HTML export whatever you want.
    If you export graded images, then you need to ensure your client will have his web browser on a calibrated display :-)
    More seriously: This is just an XML export which gets converted into a webpage by an XSLT script, and when updated are done on the web browser (notes), then another XML script is sent to the Watch folder.
    To get graded "exports", you can export 320x240 H.264 QuickTimes to a specific location on the web server and have the XSLT pointing to them. This is not a big deal, but means you'll need to process those QT files (note that this is easy to setup with a re-usable Output template.

Hope this helps,
    Cheers

Forgot to add: The main purpose of HTML export is to allow remote approvals; notes updates, LUT exports etc.
    Again, what you saw is just an example of what can be done. Just like Scratch2Nuke is another example of the scripting possibilities.
    If you need more details or preset scripts, please connect with support.

Cheers,
    Daniel

Thanks for the info.
    "The main purpose of HTML export is to allow remote approvals; notes updates"
    How can I get approvals if my client can't see the graded shot? :)

yes I will call them soon. The only issue is that I know absolutely nothing about html code or worse, xslt.
    So assimilate could teach me german before they could teach me code. I was hoping for find a code that I could copy & paste.
    Oh well, disappointed. The webinar made it look so simple. He forgot to mention that you need to be a programer to get it to function that way.
    Thanks again

Willy,
    Again, you clients can see "graded" images. Just keep in mind grading is metadata. If you want to export to any file, you need to apply that grade to the actual image to create that file, which means process it (most probably faster than real time as this is low res).
    So we won't need to teach you german (but i can teach you french). We have ready-made scripts for QT remote review at support.
    All you need to do is connect.

Cheers,
    Daniel