Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: A little Nikon Love....

Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hutson View Post
    What? You can switch from a PL mount to a Canon or Nikon mount...without buying a completely new camera body? How revolutionary! Just wait until the other guys catch onto that. Not.

Looking good, team...
    Too be honest Fries engimeering were doing that with theit Mitchell conversions from the mid 1970's on, My 35R3 has a PL, BNCR, Panavision & Nikon mounts. 4 screws as well!
    Epic Dragon owner, the first upgraded camera in Switzerland :D

This mount may be worth the wait. We've had problems with our "third-party" mount and the customer service has been less than satisfactory.

Nicholas .. Which adapter do you have? What issues have you been having? I suspect the Red Nikon mount is a ways off yet and then there will be the issue of pent up demand so I am looking to purchase something until the real mount is available. The front runner right now is the Optitek.

Our Optitek mount is currently away being serviced. The mount could not hold iris position and all lenses would shift in the mount when focused. Although we arranged rushed shipping and were assured our mount would be repaired immediately and rushed back, we have yet to see our mount returned.

5. #95 OptiTek Service 
    The mount was corrected, upgraded, customized for adjustable tension and shipped back the same day we received it. No charge.
    I think that's as good as service gets
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment

Not answering your phone, or responding to emails in a timely fashion isn't great. Not to mention not following through with our agreement to overnight it back to us.

Ted, Sadly I don't know of another 'approved' mount.

Quote Originally Posted by OptiTek View Post
    The mount was corrected, upgraded, customized for adjustable tension and shipped back the same day we received it. No charge.

I won't highjack a thread where Red is announcing an incredible new product but things are not as simple as Jacek is portraying.

WoW Amazing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OptiTek View Post
    I have to say that I had need of adjustment to my Optitek mount - one of his very first batch of Epic mounts - and service was exactly as Jacek describes it here. Fast. No charge. And I'm on the other side of the country. I could not hope for better service from a supplier.

I am looking forward to the RED Electronic Nikon mount, but the Optitek is a very good option until then.
    David Fuller
    AirStream Pictures
    Portland, ME; Boston, MA
    EPIC-M #1053

Greattttttt !!!!