Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED, Please Stop Shipping the Quad Redvolt Module...

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Isn't red coming out with higher voltage, longer lasting red volts, which would make the quad charger more valuable.
    Scarlet X - 643 "Kong"
    DP Reel
    www.digitalladder.com

Brent, you make a totally valid point. We basically got a 50% discount on every item in the Stage 2 package, including the Quad Module, even if the full amount was left in our Red account. I totally understand what you're saying. All I'm asking is that you guys consider letting us use the money towards other items. On top of all the accessories I have already purchased, I plan on buying the Pro I/O module as soon as it's ready. That is something that I really need and would be happy to pay for even though it was cut from the initial Stage 2 package.

Again, Stage 2 was shockingly generous. It really was. I just see that this Quad Module is rapidly becoming the most popular accessory in the for sale section, and I am just hoping that there is a better way.
    Julio Quintana
    www.juliomquintana.com

EPIC-X DRAGON #560

+1 on the idea Julio, but I do understand that this is a package. I will be selling mine when it arrives most likely as I'm already invested in RED Bricks and I'm pretty sure they will better suit my needs.
    TEHBEN DEAN
    EPIC-X #557
    www.tehbendean.com
    I love to shoot beautiful things with cameras...

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    I hear where you are coming from, Julio, putting myself in your shoes.

One other thing to note, our production plan was based on those hard orders as part of stage 2 and 3.... We bought materials to support that set demand.

BC

i get what your saying Julio because we were told I/O module and "things change" and they did now we are having to swollow a module that in my world as well is semi useless. Brent you know i never state things with the inention to insult but perhaps you might want to listen to the Loyal ones that have been around with you from the beggining and perhaps cnsider an adjustment. quad battery module is kinda weak as it makes the camera as big as an alexa and is suddenly 50% larger for fricken bartteries...imho
    sergio Arguello:
    Epic-M 459,Epic-X 751
    RED Rocket™™™

sergioarguello.net

but quad modules look so cool....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    One other thing to note, our production plan was based on those hard orders as part of stage 2 and 3.... We bought materials to support that set demand.

BC
    Shoot. That makes sense. Is there no way those materials could be put towards the production of the Dual Battery module? I think most people find that to be more useful than the Quad and would love to make the swap. Here is what Jarred has to say about the upcoming Dual module:

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    heh heh heh just wait till you actually get to use it :) It really makes a badass package, nice middle of the road solution for runtime and hot swap in a tight little form factor.
    Julio Quintana
    www.juliomquintana.com

EPIC-X DRAGON #560

Dtap was mandatory. And the possibility to detach it from the body.

I got rid of all the Vmounts batteries ready to sail with Red new power tools. Now i'm in the mud

Could this be fixed in some way? Maybe an (other) external module with Dtap and a Lemo?

It would make the Quad useful.

Also, if the Dual comes out with Dtap i'll sue you.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio Quintana View Post
    ...or at least stop forcing it onto Epic-X owners. I personally have no use for this item, and any day now I will be getting an email saying that I have to take delivery of it. I know I already paid for it with the rest of my Stage 2 package, so I'm not asking for a refund. All I ask is that the money stay in my Red account to be used towards other purchases.

Please, RED. Seriously consider this. Many of the early Epic owners are reusing V-mount accessories from their Red M-X, so the Quad Module would be better served going straight to new Epic/Scarlet owners who aren't already invested in alternate power sources. I don't think I'm alone on this, seeing the slew of Quad Modules for sale right now
    Yep.. Was just thinking this same thing this morning... V lock on a back plate - Done. RED VOLTS in the side grip - Simple. Way smaller than the QUAD MODULE. Plus there is still no QUAD chargers out there..or RED VOLT XLs... So really... is it worth having. No.

It's part of the package so we can't say sorry we don't need it now RED, this is life and I except it.... But if could swap it out for say a down payment on more SSD cards or RED VOLTS, then I'm in.
    But sadly. I think the QUAD MODULE will sadly sit next to my empty EPIC M pelican case and EPIC X cases gathering dust...

It was a good idea at the time... but now we are all tooled up with alternate power options.

The only module ever to go on the back of my camera will be an a 4k PRO RES module. (wishing proper AUDIO connectors will come in the PRO RES module as well)

Good Post Julio.... But might be about 12 months to late to save us.

Thanks RED, I know your heart was in the right place. :)))

RE: DUAL Module.
    Originally Posted by Jarred Land
    heh heh heh just wait till you actually get to use it :) It really makes a badass package, nice middle of the road solution for runtime and hot swap in a tight little form factor.
    Once again.. V lock on a back plate.. smaller & longer lasting...
    If this stuff came out 8 months ago... I probably would be talking differently.

FAST RED VOLT chargers is what we need...

Once again, thanks RED, I know your heart was in the right place. :)))
    Mark Toia
    Director / DP / Founder of Zoom Film & Television

www.toia.com

www.zoomfilmtv.com.au

Senior Member Aleksandar Colancevski's Avatar
    +1 with all of us selling the Quad we will deevaluate the real price of the unit.