Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED, Please Stop Shipping the Quad Redvolt Module...

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    I agree. The real problem is that it took so long to get the Quad module ready to ship. We all needed to go somewhere else to get a power solution that worked and now that the quad module is here we don't really need it that much ;-)
    Tony Lorentzen, Kinema Follow me on Twitter: kinemadk
    Freelance RED Tech, DIT & Workflow wizard, Partner in VBag, Owner of RED EPIC-X #420

No, the real problem is that it's a bad concept.
    No AC wants to be constantly swapping out Redvolts all day, even with a hot swap feature.
    No one want to more than double the length of the camera just to do it all.
    A v-lock attached t the back is far more modular, by being more quickly removed or repositioned.
    The single Redvolt in the side handle is an awesome lightweight option, and here it ends for me.

Mark Pugh LA, and AUS.

www.markpughfilms.com
    Dragon #292

For those of us just beginning to build a system, what is everyone's vote when it comes to powering an Epic? What would you pick if you had to buy your first power source today and why? I'm torn.

-Glen

As an Epic-M and Scarlet owner who actually wants the quad module, I'd be very happy to relieve one of you guys of the burden of a piece of kit you got for a fraction of its full price ;)
    DRAGON / DRAGON CARBON FIBER - AVAILABLE FOR PRODUCTION AND RENTAL NOW! - www.kippertie.com
    DRAGON MONOCHROME - rentmonochro.me

Check out our showreel or talk to us @kippertieltd
    KipperTie creative media for business

We too have found another solution and won't be using the Quad Batt Module. I remember a few months back Jim said we could pay the difference in price to get the Pro IO versus the basic IO module. I hoped there would something similar with the Quad Batt Module. RedVolts in the side handle makes perfect sense, excellent actually but stacking 4 batts at the back and nearly doubling the camera size is not suited for my shooting style.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Munoz D View Post
    +++1

Edit: BTW Julio, you can use the money for other accessories, I already did.
    Please elaborate...

I wouldn't mind to do that, but AFAIK, I'll have to receive it and sell it first...

G
    Life is good. So is RED...

http://blog.gunleik.com

Dragon short: "Sweet..." https://vimeo.com/74358938

Current Indiegogo Campaign: #godtnorsk:
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/godtnorsk/x/541483

Just not having the option to use a quad charger yet is a bit painfull.

isn't there a way to hook up a charger unit directly to the module, would have been great if it could be designed like that.
    audio and image postproduction in Antwerp. 2x recording studio with 5.1 surround.
    www.nuhollywood.com

any updates on quadchargers?
    audio and image postproduction in Antwerp. 2x recording studio with 5.1 surround.
    www.nuhollywood.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    I hear where you are coming from, Julio, putting myself in your shoes.

One other thing to note, our production plan was based on those hard orders as part of stage 2 and 3.... We bought materials to support that set demand.

BC
    But RED also did two things that have quashed that demand:
    1. Delayed production so that users were forced to invest in alternate power sources. We all have these now, so the Quad Module is redundant.
    2. Designed the module with no power taps for accessories. We can't integrate it into a setup that uses a wireless FF or a Teradek. Early on, we were lead to believe that the power module would replicate the functions of the RED One. It does not.
    David Fuller
    AirStream Pictures
    Portland, ME; Boston, MA
    RED ONE #172MX
    EPIC-M #1053

Quote Originally Posted by D Fuller View Post
    But RED also did two things that have quashed that demand:
    1. Delayed production so that users were forced to invest in alternate power sources. We all have these now, so the Quad Module is redundant.
    2. Designed the module with no power taps for accessories. We can't integrate it into a setup that uses a wireless FF or a Teradek. Early on, we were lead to believe that the power module would replicate the functions of the RED One. It does not.
    Without intending to sound like a spoiled brat, these are two valid observations.
    Also considering the price/performance difference between RedVolts and f. ex. RedBricks, the lack of fast chargers etc and that the pro IO was the intended module (as far as I can remember) when we signed up for the stage 2 program - the issue has at least some reasoning and merit behind it other than being just pure grumpyness.

Of course we realise we have a very good deal. That isn't really the biggest of points... :)
    We ARE thankfull for that.

It's just a slightly different great deal than the one we initially thought we signed up for.
    And as the module is arriving kinda slow, we have had to find other solutions, that we by now may find better....

Cheers!

G
    Life is good. So is RED...

http://blog.gunleik.com

Dragon short: "Sweet..." https://vimeo.com/74358938

Current Indiegogo Campaign: #godtnorsk:
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/godtnorsk/x/541483