Thread: What's in your bag? Post your bag...

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehben Dean View Post
    Hey Phil, can you take your Cinebag as carry on?
    Hard question to answer as each airline is slightly different.

The Cinebags Production Bag is: 27.5"x16.5"x11.5"
    That's a total of: 55.5 inches (with side and front pockets empty)

Likely too large for many airlines as 45 inches and 50 inches seems to be standard. Some have a 55 inch limit and you could get away with that. I purchased it for local use primarily and would go to the backpack or hard case for flight.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

Red Epic Dragon #5232 "Kozmo"
    Data Sheets and Notes: Epic M & X, Scarlet X & Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Hard question to answer as each airline is slightly different.

The Cinebags Production Bag is: 27.5"x16.5"x11.5"
    That's a total of: 55.5 inches (with side and front pockets empty)

Likely too large for many airlines as 45 inches and 50 inches seems to be standard. Some have a 55 inch limit and you could get away with that. I purchased it for local use primarily and would go to the backpack or hard case for flight.
    Thanks Phil.
    I already have a carry on pelican and a couple larger ones but a bag would be perfect for carrying around a built camera as well as for quick, light ,shoots.
    Looks like a nice bag and I like the red edition! But I noticed the new model (not red unfortunately) has zippered exterior pockets and is slightly larger. Hmmm...
    TEHBEN DEAN - stills & motion
    EPIC-X #557
    www.thedeanbrothers.com
    I love to shoot beautiful things with cameras...

Haha these pictures are hilarious.

I was making a pretty big order online so I threw this bag om the lot. http://www.camerasdirect.com.au/lowe...side-300-black

It's much smaller than I thought, Scarlet not here yet so can't try it out. Anyone have any stories using this bag? It will be a tight fit, but I like that it will be easy to carry for air travel etc.

Currently I have a semi rigid over the shoulder bag that fits a fully kitted rig without the need for disassembly after shoots including MB. & FF. However at the moment I have to undo the red DSMC top handle to fit in the bag. This will only get worse once I fit the DSMC top plate when it arrives. The Petrol bag looks promising except I can't find the measurements for how deep it is . So Michael do have a tape measure? hint hint ;)!

I call this type of bag my "Van Bag", as I pack it & stow it & treat with respect. However for flights, lots of travel & general abuse I use a pelican 1510's as carry on.

My biggest problem storage wise isn't the camera gear itself but all those battery travel chargers, mains charges, power overload/ distributor boxes, external monitor cables & the like . Seems camera gear is getting smaller by the day whilst powering & link options remain un-changed for the last 20 years. So in addition to a camera bag you need a cable bag as well. Any hints on a cable bag?

@ Joseph, Your SO number is immediately after mine. I received my camera on Weds. Sidehandle is sitting @ Mascot. Your camera can't be far away!

NOTE : Apologies I must have been having a man look for the dimensions I have managed to find them under specifications on the website :/
    Last edited by Mike Garrick; 02-18-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gundu View Post
    I believe its the Genus.
    Yep bob is right, Genus, but they are 15mm rods. Will try to post some FSTOP GEAR photos. From the adventurer there is not other choice. Even those who do a lot day packing.
    Director|DP|Adventurist
    Carbon Dragon | Dragon M | Epic X
    http://digitalcrossing.ca http://seregetisafarico.com

Hi Guys, I have a unique situation in that once my Scarlet arrives it needs to travel to me as hand carry before I decide how I want a bag configured. Since this is a one-off trip with the system, I was thinking about having it put into a Pelican 1510 with the adjustable padded dividers, maybe adding a bit of padding here and there to double protect it all. Anyone with experience using that arrangement? Any pointers appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Gaudet View Post
    Hi Guys, I have a unique situation in that once my Scarlet arrives it needs to travel to me as hand carry before I decide how I want a bag configured. Since this is a one-off trip with the system, I was thinking about having it put into a Pelican 1510 with the adjustable padded dividers, maybe adding a bit of padding here and there to double protect it all. Anyone with experience using that arrangement? Any pointers appreciated.
    you could always buy the cinemaoxide case for the trip and then sell it on here when you get back. A bit of a risk but I'm sure someone would buy it from you for a slight discount. Plus it will protect your gear better than dividers.

http://www.cinemaoxide.com/epic-foam-case.php

You are going to get a lot more in the case with dividers that the foam offered by CinemOxide or Red. I have the RED one. Looks nice but there is a lot of wasted space. You'll be fine with the padded dividers as long as it's snug.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    EPIC-Dragon #5522, Xenon FF

I've taken an EPIC out of state via the new Cinebag Revolution backpack, fully stocked up (AKS, body, Side Handle, 5" monitor, Redmote, 17" macbook pro) as carry on without an issue.

I also, on a side note, I have a Cinebag production bag for sale.

http://reduser.net/forum/showthread....220#post945220

I'm very interested in purchasing a large rolling bag to transport a fully built camera, essential accessories, power and media for days when I am shooting. This wouldn't need to be something that is carry on size as I have other solutions for that which are less practical for shoot days. It also wouldn't need to have much in the way of room for lenses as I'll be carrying those in pelican cases as necessary. I've been looking at a few different options and was wondering what experience you guys have with each of them for use with an Epic or Scarlet.

1) Petrol Red Bag (PRB-15)
    I have a smaller Petrol bag for my trusty old Panasonic AG-HPX170 (which doesn't see a lot of use these days) and I love it. It's a really lightweight, sturdy bag and it even looks quite nice as camera bags go. It has never failed me. This bag is designed for use with the Red One, but I'd imagine that I could make it work just fine for my Scarlet. Any arguments for or against this assumption? Any prior experiences with the bag for your Epic or Scarlet? Any experience using it with a Red One? I'd assume that it has great build quality just like the other Petrol bag that I have, but any comments to the contrary? According to B&H the product has been discontinued. Any other places where you'd suggest I look to get a new one or am I basically limited to used bags at this point?
    2) Petrol Deca Rolling U-Bag or Petrol Deca Camera Rollpak
    These look like other nice options from Petrol if their Red Bag really is no longer available. Maybe these ones are better. I don't know as I haven't seen either of them before. What do you guys think?
    3) Arri Production Bag (Medium) or Arri Production Bag (Large)
    Arri has a well-deserved reputation for making nice stuff and the price point for these bags seems pretty reasonable if the quality is up to par with their other products. Have any of you guys used either of these bags?
    4) PortaBrace DVO-4RED Digital Video Organizer
    This is a bag designed for "compact RED cameras" which I assume means the Epic and the Scarlet. The description makes it sound perfect, but there is only one picture on both AbelCine and PortaBrace's sites so it's hard to tell and the bag is expensive so I'd like to hear what experiences others have had with the bags first before I make this kind of investment.

What do you guys think of those options? Do you have any other suggestions?
    C.E.O. of Wernham Entertainment Inc.
    Current Project(s):
    "Business Ethics" [Completed Short]
    "Public Service" [Short in Post-Production]
    "No Stranger Than Love" [Feature in Post-Production]

Co-Owner of Epic-X #3805 "Hentgen" & Scarlet-X #557 "Stieb"