Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: REDLine Workflow Question

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 REDLine Workflow Question 
    How do I just export my timeline with all of the color settings for each clip?

Do I have to do it clip by clip by clip and attach an RMD file for each one? I tried the "Generate REDLine Batch Script (No Export)" but it just exports anyway... or it does nothing depending on its mood. It seems as if when I try to specify an RMD it'll then forget it's supposed to only export a bat file instead of exporting directly.

Also the "Select RMD Path..." doesn't seem to let me actually select an RMD.

Most of the time when I click export... nothing happens. Is it saving a batch file somewhere secret?

I want to submit a long render to the farm and crank through it. Workflow ideas?

Also the REDLine Manual is evidently from 2010? How do I specify REDColor2?

3.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Greenwalt View Post
    Also the REDLine Manual is evidently from 2010? How do I specify REDColor2?
    From "REDline --help" (which will always be up to date):
    --colorSpace <int> - color space: REDspace= 2 or 11, CameraRGB= 0 or 12, rec709= 1 or 13, REDcolor=14, sRGB=15, Adobe1998=5, REDcolor2=18 [default = 2]

So to specify REDcolor2:
    REDline --colorSpace 18

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Red Team
    Hi Gavin,

The batch script functionality is currently limited .. it will only generate a batch file per clip, ie. it won't do a batch file for an entire timeline. I can see about changing this.
    The "Select RMD Path" functionality lets you select a directory where .RMD's may reside, such as a master RMD directory if you have one set. It won't let you choose
    a specific RMD. If you leave this blank, then REDline will use the RMD next to the clip if it exists.

Cheers,
    David

Great, so if I enable the "Autosave RMD" setting then I should have an RMD with every clip?

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Red Team
    Correct. And if you set a master directory in the preferences, you can have them all go to a directory you designate rather than sit side by side with each clip. If you do this just remember to set the same directory in your Export Preset.

David

Ok here is what I cooked up.

It works great with submitting a clip but not at all with Timelines.

Maybe an output option which gives:

Clip Path + I/O + a folder of RMDs + Output Flags w/ path to new RMD folder.

Maybe that's what the bat export does when it works.
    Attached Files

Does the export bat file option work for anyone?

9.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #9  
    Red Team
    Hi Gavin,

Aside from the limitation I mentioned above (being worked on), it definitely works ... I just tested it again. What exactly are you seeing?

Thanks for the python script, I'm going to keep this in mind for when we expand the script functionality.

David

Senior Member Mikael Lubtchansky's Avatar
    I once wrote an applescript to batch process a folder full of individual clips .bat files.. . I'll dig it up and post here if it is useful...
    foolcat : HTML / PDF visual reports for OS X
    foolcontrol : DSMC camera control for OS X
    foolcontrol : DSMC camera control for iOS
    foolcolor.net staying hungry, staying foolish twitter vimeo facebook instagram