Thread: Epic bug list?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Epic bug list? 
    Forgive me if I've missed it; is there an official or semi-official bug list for the Epic? I believe it would be very valuable for us in the field to know we're dealing with a known issue and what work-around is suggested or if we should simply not employ whatever feature is not working properly.

We've just received our Pro Forma, so I'm eagerly anticipating the joys of Epic shooting, and a bug list would be a comfort should an "undocumented feature" present itself. Rather do the work-around than call Red for help when it's not necessary.

Good shooting and best regards to all,

Leo
    Leo Ticheli
    Director/Cinematographer

Leo,

Not sure if there is an official bug list but there is a list of known issues in each of the firmware release notes (including the beta versions). Probably not an exhaustive list.

The release notes are certainly helpful. I just think it would be a definite advantage to Red to publish a known bug list; it could reduce the number of support calls.

The forum is very valuable, but it does require a lot of time and diligence to sift through all the posts.

Good shooting and best regards,

Leo
    Leo Ticheli
    Director/Cinematographer

There's some good info in this thread: http://reduser.net/forum/showthread....c+known+issues

I don't think it's been updated in a while but once it got rolling, some issues were definitely noted and/or discussed
    Mitch Martinez
    My show reel: http://vimeo.com/23375861
    Epic-X# 1910
    RPP 18,25,35,50,85,100
    Lomo 18,28,35,50,75,150

"We are men of action, lies do not become us" - The Princess Bride

I agree with you Leo.

Maybe after Red gets the new Manufacturing system in place they will tackle a bug/issue tracking system that has the "appropriate level" of outside visibility. Of course that leads to issue submission by users and that leads to official feature requests by the user . . . . .

Maybe - maybe not?!?!