Thread: Epic digital reports / cam reports

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Epic digital reports / cam reports 
    Hey folks,

I was wondering if anyone here had any solutions for creating digital camera reports with their Epic. I used to use Clipfinder, which was great, because I could drop in camera metadata easily, have a few still frames, and then add custom fields for any other data I needed to input manually.

Since Clipfinder is not compatible with Epic/Scarlet footage, is there anything that could replace this for creating quick, detailed, and flexible digital reports, one that can easily read and display cam metadata as well? I wish Hans would continue with Clipfinder, but minus all the workflow stuff - a full-featured report tool would be something I'd definitely drop some cash for!

I've attached a photo of a rough report that I used to make in Clipfinder as a reference.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Sean Sweeney
    DIGITAL IMAGING TECHNICIAN
    [IATSE 667 | AQTIS]
    www.sean-sweeney.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Schult View Post
    This looks great! Thanks!
    Sean Sweeney
    [IATSE 667 | AQTIS]
    www.sean-sweeney.com

This should be part of RCX Pro.

With DSMC we should be able to create a contact sheet right out of RCX pro.

David
    "Well, isn't that just amazing!"
    Battistella

Senior Member Mikael Lubtchansky's Avatar
    FYI I am finishing writing a small app to do just that... clean contact sheets of R3Ds as pdf and web page with a LOT of info nicely displayed.

The html catalog displays all relevant camera metadata and RMD info (including things like linked audio, alchemy, curve settings and many more) in a compact space. You have 3 preview frames from each clip with rollover to display the first frame before/after RMD look settings etc. It is smart enough to only display non default metadatas (if your FLUT is set to 0 it won't show) and only the RMD settings that are different from the camera settings (adjusted colorspace, WB, Lift etc).

As it is now it won't let you add or modify any metadata (like storm), it is purely a cataloging app but I think it does the job quite nicely...

It should be ready to test during this week, I'm tweaking a few details now but will post more info soon.
    foolcat : HTML and PDF visual reports (OS X)
    foolcontrol : camera control (OS X)
    foolcontrol : camera control (iOS)
    foolcolor.net @mikasky vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael Lubtchansky View Post
    FYI I am finishing writing a small app to do just that... clean contact sheets of R3Ds as pdf and web page with a LOT of info nicely displayed.

The html catalog displays all relevant camera metadata and RMD info (including things like linked audio, alchemy, curve settings and many more) in a compact space. You have 3 preview frames from each clip with rollover to display the first frame before/after RMD look settings etc. It is smart enough to only display non default metadatas (if your FLUT is set to 0 it won't show) and only the RMD settings that are different from the camera settings (adjusted colorspace, WB, Lift etc).

As it is now it won't let you add or modify any metadata (like storm), it is purely a cataloging app but I think it does the job quite nicely...

It should be ready to test during this week, I'm tweaking a few details now but will post more info soon.
    I'm definitely interested to see your take on it. I've been playing around with the Silverstack demo, and it's certainly a powerful tool, but its strengths seem to be more in creating a great meta-taggable database to work from than generating a shot-by-shot contact sheet that's fully customizable.

Will your software support custom fields? Look forward to trying it!
    Sean Sweeney
    [IATSE 667 | AQTIS]
    www.sean-sweeney.com

Mikael, let us know when its ready.

I would use this in a heartbeat.
    Scarlet X #00056 "Rhett Butler"
    Epic M Dragon #03005 "Wayne O"

Im in the same boat. Still use clipfinder for Alexa stuff. Would be nice if we could export a PDF from RCX, or even a basic spreadsheet/table that we could fill details in later.
    EPIC-X #7166
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Senior Member Mikael Lubtchansky's Avatar
    Sean alteady did but please Adam + Andrew send me a PM with your email address... Will enroll you 3 as beta testers for my small app.

Right now it is based on RED-CINE X and camera metadatas only. You can add general catalog specific text and title but no per clip custom user info (it does read and display scene notes, take and some other from RMD but right now you have to enter this info using RCX). We'll be able to discuss this and add something during beta...
    foolcat : HTML and PDF visual reports (OS X)
    foolcontrol : camera control (OS X)
    foolcontrol : camera control (iOS)
    foolcolor.net @mikasky vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by David Battistella View Post
    This should be part of RCX Pro.

With DSMC we should be able to create a contact sheet right out of RCX pro.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael Lubtchansky View Post

I'd also be interested in testing this Mikael.
    REDucated at REDUCATION #003 // TA @ REDucation UK 2011 - 2014
    EPIC-X #1412 "Futurist"

Web: www.futuristfilm.com / www.futuristdigital.com
    Twitter: futuristfilm / 5KFuturist