Thread: FCP X Introduces Multicam and Broadcast monitoring....

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Yes, but it's still $690 cheaper then fcp 7, with the price drop.

Sorry: was a reply on the remark of the $9.99 price to be able to import old projects, but the post I answered didn't show up in my post?
    Fredrik Callinggard (formerly known as weirdcrew)

http://www.uitchiscratch.com

fc@aeoncine.com

R3D has been MIA whan it comes to FCP X.

But I have a ton of faith in RED and Apple.

It makes sense for both to have a really classy and elegant solution.

FCP X is to NLEs what RED was to Cameras five years ago.

lets not loose the spirit.

Believe me, going with FCP X has been amaverick move (some would say stupid) but they said that to me when I adopted RED early too.

Kiss and make up and blow the doors off post RED (like you have been doing with RCX Pro...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Santiago View Post
    Like if the RRC works with FCPX?
    Ive been out of the loop so not sure if that works yet?
    "Well, isn't that just amazing!"
    Battistella

Quote Originally Posted by David Battistella View Post
    There was Davinci resolve roundtripping before today.

What I am lobbying for as an interm solution is that RCX Pro be able to read the FCP X xml format.

If I could:

Edit 720P PR Proxy media
    Send FCP X xml to RCX Pro
    Render Prores 4444 from RCX
    Send back to FCP X For finish
    or send that XML to resolve for finish of PR 4444 media
    Or relink the R3D there then

Id be quite happy with this.

I think that people are over seling the Realtime r3d thing. So much horsepower has to go into decompressing R3D that i would much rather use atraditional offline online approach to RED.

The r3d file format is the bottleneck because the decompresion requires CPU and for offline taxing the system that much aint worth it (to me)

David
    Didn't realise that there was roundtripping to Davinci before today. There again, I have not had the time to look at depth into FCPX as I have been working on Premier and MC projects in recent times.

Your interm workflow David is very interesting....

;))
    REDucated at REDUCATION #003 // TA @ REDucation UK 2011 - 2014
    EPIC-X #1412 "Futurist"

Web: www.futuristfilm.com / www.futuristdigital.com
    Twitter: futuristfilm / 5KFuturist

Quote Originally Posted by David Battistella View Post

But I have a ton of faith in RED and Apple.

It makes sense for both to have a really classy and elegant solution.

FCP X is to NLEs what RED was to Cameras five years ago.
    You have got to be kidding me.

If RED had said they were making point and shoot cameras with auto everything, no more external monitor support, it only shoots 1080i, and it was only available at all Best Buy stores, you might have a point.

RED I believe in, because they make professional tools.

We are not the taret market for Apple, and it shows.

This "update" is too little too late, all the former FCPro people I know have already moved on.
    Matt Gottshalk
    http://www.mcgeedigitalmedia.com
    https://vimeo.com/86056260
    EPIC-X "Deckard"
    Duclos 11-16mm
    RPZ 17-50mm
    Red 50-150mm

i am so glad apple worked out some of our issues! when i logged in this was the last thing i expected to see, but i am very happily surprised!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Gottshalk View Post

If RED had said they were making point and shoot cameras with auto everything, no more external monitor support, it only shoots 1080i, and it was only available at all Best Buy stores, you might have a point.

This "update" is too little too late, all the former FCPro people I know have already moved on.
    I think Battistella is dead on, "FCP X is to NLEs what RED was to Cameras five years ago.

Now, the argument that FCPX is not "professional" is one of the many claims that were made about the RED One back in 2007 and 2008. Now, I know that every little update that is made to FCPX is gonna make those who jumped the ship feel more and more like suckers, and no amount of bashing and ill wishful thinking is gonna stop Apple in the tracks if they've already decided how they're gonna build this NLE up to be the most effective and practical of the bunch; but in the end, we all win. I for one, I'm keeping the faith.

All this talk about FCP X not being professional. I just don't get it. At the beginning of the old FCP I heard the same stuff. It's not pro, use AVID.... It just gets old... I also don't get the jumping ship part. As for me, and the technicians in the team, we like to stay safe and "don't change a running system" if we are not forced to do so. Especially if you got a big multi TB server system up and running, why would I throw everything overboard before really looking into it?
    I'm having a hard time to get transitions to the newer OS versions, because of the server technicians who like to wait and test before changing everything. To me, it's the same thing.

Everything was working fine with FCP but as soon as FCP X came out so many people were leaving without even truly looking into it.... Why? Why not just wait another minute and try out the new gear, and decide after the promised updates show up if it still suits you. But maybe that's not so many people thinking like me.

It's like buying an EPIC and going back to SONY because something in the current firmware isn't activated yet...

Sorry
    Rant off :)

SCARLET-X "Mathilda"

"Life is full of obstacles. They never end. The ones that get past them have the richest life."
    jim jannard

"if your pictures aren't good enough, you aren't close enough."
    robert capa

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Gottshalk View Post

Matt

post reads exactly like film guys five years ago who said RED was a scam.

FCP X made a bold move. They made a NLE from the ground up and got rid of some old ideas like Source an Record monitors left over from porting a tape to tape mentality in a non linear computer space.

Avid, FCP and the very recent (usable) incarnation of premier all use a tape based mentality in a non linear space.

Keywords are important in a digital database world. Metadata gives way to technologies like Seadragon. Apple is thinking ahead and adobe and avid are going to have to move this way sooner or later.

But really. No one has to use it. I like it and I have delivered networ shows on all of them.

Its in REAds best interest to interface with all the NLEs out there either through native support or by providing the best most efficient way in and out of every NLE out there.

Four years ago it was "use FCP. For red" now it's " use premier". This flavor of the month thing is boring. It just has to work with everything.

In 18 months we will see large enterprise post and tv series talking about the new world of post FCPX has opened up with thunderbolt and SAN networks.

David
    "Well, isn't that just amazing!"
    Battistella

Hey Jarred, any news on the current software front between RED and Apple? :)

SCARLET-X "Mathilda"

"Life is full of obstacles. They never end. The ones that get past them have the richest life."
    jim jannard

"if your pictures aren't good enough, you aren't close enough."
    robert capa

Its not the new paradigm FCPX brings that I have an issue with, its the difficulty in working collaboratively on the same project with people on any other sound/VFX platform.

Cheers - #19