Thread: RED in Italy (anche ma bella Roma)

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    cross-examiner
    Ciao Corrado!

PM received -- thanks! As matter of fact, we are more than one sailing over this RED waters. The whole of our investment until now signifies $60,000 plus accessories and without mention the workflow. You well know these figures. :)

We'll also look for external resources, raising funds wherever we can go. The #111 will be 100% mine, my personal RED ONE. The 2nd one will have a sort of consortium behind. Even if the reservation holder is the same.

We are working on both sides of the moviemaking (into this RED adventure): art and industry (crossing different european countries -- mainly co-productions and the United States too).

Saluti da Portogallo!
    Emanuel
    RED ONE @home
    Emanuel & Co's RED ONE
    RED ZOOM LENSES
    RED 300mm LENS
    Who am I?

* LINK *
    ** IMDb **

cross-examiner
    Quote Originally Posted by Emanuel & Co View Post
    Where's ours? :D 5 at least.
    6 as far as I know: the #631 is 'rossa' (Schmovies production -- dvxuser's member as well). LINK
    RED ONE @home
    Emanuel & Co's RED ONE
    RED ZOOM LENSES
    RED 300mm LENS
    Who am I?

* LINK *
    ** IMDb **

cross-examiner
    Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    Emanuel, have you heard of a film maker named Jon Jost?

Joe C.
    Yes. I actually worked at a film festival [LINK] where he was invited for the organisation. He is also a former husband of a portuguese moviemaker. With who he starred a mediatic scandale -- a good move for her's work. As well, I know he lived (I'm not sure if he still lives) in Rome. But BTW, do you have any connection with Jost?
    RED ONE @home
    Emanuel & Co's RED ONE
    RED ZOOM LENSES
    RED 300mm LENS
    Who am I?

* LINK *
    ** IMDb **

Banned
    I'm not sure if he was her husband...

cross-examiner
    Whatever... His daughter's mother.

EDIT -- I was close to her's work when I casted her favorite actress (the star of her's films) for I Cento Passi (directed by Marco Tullio Giordana) when I worked with Fabrizio Mosca (even if afterwards the first female character was canceled for several production reasons -- even a strike we had to oppose!).

BTW, I remember one of his quotes about the indie spirit/meaning where (Gus van Sant related) Jost referred what it is to be an indie filmmaker: not to be (definitely) someone who is waiting for the hollywood call and running as soon as the first call takes place.
    RED ONE @home
    Emanuel & Co's RED ONE
    RED ZOOM LENSES
    RED 300mm LENS
    Who am I?

* LINK *
    ** IMDb **

"Emanuel, have you heard of a film maker named Jon Jost?"

what does Jost have to do with Italy ?

does Emanuel know Iltalian writer/critic Sandra Bordigoni?( who also knows Jost)

last i knew Jost was living in Potland,Oregon area making projects on mini Dv taking his home digital projector to venues ... Bordigoni lives outside Roma

cross-examiner
    He was living there (Rome) with the mother of his daughter Clara and his former wife, a filmmaker too. In her case, we share the same citizenship.

EDIT -- Don, her name is not strange at all. She writes for some press, if I'm not doing any confusion with another person...am I right?
    RED ONE @home
    Emanuel & Co's RED ONE
    RED ZOOM LENSES
    RED 300mm LENS
    Who am I?

* LINK *
    ** IMDb **

Ciao da Madrid,
    I'm just married here but I'm from Milan and my 2 REDones (I hope) will work in both places! I'm meeting many people interested everywhere.
    ps x Emanuel.
    Grazie really a lot for "I cento passi", great movie!
    ILL Cámaras Madrid
    RED Weapon-Dragon-Epic
    ARRI AlexaMini & Amira w/WCU4
    LEICA Summilux-C
    COOKE /i Anamophic x2 w/ zoom on order

Quote Originally Posted by MarlonS View Post
    Ciao da Madrid,
    I'm just married here but I'm from Milan and my 2 REDones (I hope) will work in both places! I'm meeting many people interested everywhere.
    ps x Emanuel.
    Grazie really a lot for "I cento passi", great movie!
    Ciao e benvenuto Marlon,
    Hi and welcome in the small club of the Italian reservation holders, hope to hear you again.

Corrado.

Please, correct my written english.
    I'm still learning, and I need your help.
    Thanks in advance.

Emanuel, he is not married to the mother, and there is a bitter story (and long running feud) behind her taking the daughter to Portugal. He made a movie about what he went through called 'Passages" that I'm ordering.

He is sort of the guru over at a site called www.cinemaelectronica.com. I'm sending some medical equipment to help with his piniformis syndrome (my wife has it and it's extremely painful). I've been communicating with him since 2000 when he was involved in the original cinema electronica forum at dv.com. He did me a great favor by letting my son intern under him in Rome.

He has a new love (Nice Italian girl or course) and is teaching in and around the University of Nebraska at Lincoln. He is still involved in international issues and film making. You can read his posts over at cinemaelectronica.com
    dating back at least a year if you want to see what he's been up to

CinemaElectronica is more about the aesthetics and sometimes politics of film making rather than the technical issues. I've been an active supporter for quite some time, even though Jost and I have different political views.

Here in the US with the current corrupt political/religious and social environment that stresses conformity and strict obedience (otherwise you become suspect)...he is the necessary opposing voice. I view him as important to true democracy.

Ok, stepping off the soapbox now.

btw, he is a staunch advocate of digital based movie making.

Joe C.