Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RedCine really not functioning in W7

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 RedCine really not functioning in W7 
    I see that the latest beta comment thread on RedCine 10 is closed. That was quick.
    Is it because this version, like the previous two before it, is practically unusable in Windows 7?

I say this because I am getting constant and regular hangs, which can be jump started with Ctrl Alt Del, with even a slight touch on a slider. It is even happening on snapshots, so it's hardly a cache issue, and it's happening on two machines, one a high powered laptop and the other a Dual Xeon 16 processor beast with 8TB of Raid 1+0, so I know it's not a performance or configuration issue.

Is it just me?

Have you filed a support ticket with Red?
    Director/Digital Camera Operator/2nd AC/DIT/Data Manager
    London, UK.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

no, but I've brought this up in the relevant comment threads for versions 8 and 9, and forwarded logs of occurences to the development team, so they are aware of the issue.

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Red Team
    Hi Paul,

Looking through the emails here and not seeing any logs from you ... can you please resend verbose logs with a complete description of your problem?

Please send them to redcinex at red dot com. Also in the future, post in the REDCINE-X forum .. it's just more visible and we are likely
    to see it faster.

Are you using a Rocket? If so you have to make sure you are on Driver v1.14.19 and Firmware 1.1.16.5.

Cheers,
    David

I posted log files in response to your responses in the relevant threads.
    Tomorrow I will duplicate the problem and post logs in the top sticky, as well as email per your instructions.

6.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #6  
    Red Team
    Thanks Paul, I'll take a look.

EDIT -- Ok I found them and took a look. We weren't able to reproduce your issue. The first things I suggest you try
    are to disable any effects if you have them enabled, and also mute audio as it appears you are using audio clips. Let
    me know if that results in any improvement.

Please still send logs, and also a system profile to redcinex at red dot com.

~ David
    Last edited by David Ibbitson; 01-19-2012 at 10:10 AM.