Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Backorder Update January 13

Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546 LastLast
    Jarred! I'm all in as a beta tester if you let me!!
    Nik Harper

Scarlet-X #221

WWW.LAMARPLUSNIK.COM

Follow us: @LAMARPLUSNIK

was there an updated eta on canon mount? I cant shoot without it thats all...and since ordering in December, I thought it was supposed to be out of back order by now? thank you!

I'm an Epic-M owner, and I'm very impressed so far with all of RED's products, but I'm finding the backorder on my Canon Ti mount, and the lack of updates quite frustrating. I have no problem with the fact it's backordered, but my Bomb Squad rep has no information (I mean none whatsoever), and Jarred hasn't posted a backorder update in more than a month. What's that all about?
    -Nick Timmons
    Pamoramic Digital Cinema
    Epic-M #1290 'Ruth'
    NYC, NY

Cooke Mini S4's (18, 25, 32, 50, 75, 100mm)
    Teradeck Bolt
    Preston FIZ 3 with Cinetape

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Timmons View Post
    I'm an Epic-M owner, and I'm very impressed so far with all of RED's products, but I'm finding the backorder on my Canon Ti mount, and the lack of updates quite frustrating. I have no problem with the fact it's backordered, but my Bomb Squad rep has no information (I mean none whatsoever), and Jarred hasn't posted a backorder update in more than a month. What's that all about?
    He has posted that they were migrating to a new system to better track orders and predict fulfillment, and Jim recently posted a new projection that Red may be completely out of backorder in April now, instead of March. That's more than nothing.

More to your point, with Scarlet Ti EOS shipping it appears that most or all of the Ti EOS backorders were filled? Maybe you are asking the wrong questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Timmons View Post
    I never understood this. RED's backorder updates are pretty much always wrong. They rarely (if ever) deliver their products on the date they predict yet people get upset that they don't come out and give another (wrong) date? Your mount will get there when it gets there and them giving a date isn't going to help you plan anything because you can't rely on their dates. It's almost like people want to be given wrong information because it's somehow better than no information?

I don't even bother asking my Bomb Squad rep any questions about when my Scarlet will get here. It'll get here when it gets here and until then I have to rely on other means of production.

Quote Originally Posted by M.D. Hilton View Post
    It's almost like people want to be given wrong information because it's somehow better than no information?
    It's not entirely wrong information, just imprecise information. Personally I can't use my camera until the Canon mount ships, so if (hypothetically) Red were to say that backorders won't be filled until August, that would be enough information to set me on a quest to buy a PL mount lens. I hope the Canon mount will ship much sooner than that of course, preferably by early March at the latest. I must admit I am confused as to why the mount is in backorder status to begin with, seeing as it's just a bit of machined titanium and some electronic circuitry.

Yes, you can't be wrong ALL the time, as long as you are TRYING to be right. You might be wrong because you expect it to work one way but then hit a hurdle. The idea would be to communicate that hurdle, and update your estimate, which if all goes to plan would be accurate! If another hurdle, communicate, update. Eventually as things get closer there won't be any more hurdles and your estimate of 3 weeks say, would be very accurate. And people can plan.

My bomb squad rep just told me today "estimated to be ready in a few weeks". So that has to be based on something, and I appreciate that much more than silence. To not want any updates on availability is basically admitting that, at best, RED are never capable of accurately estimating when something will ship, and at worst, they are deliberately lying about availability to just mess with you. (I do not believe that, if anyone is confused).

A new back order update system sounds great, especially if it, like the Apple online store, showed estimates of arrival.

My Canon mount is being prep'd for shipment! I love coincidental good fortune!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
    My Canon mount is being prep'd for shipment! I love coincidental good fortune!
    Wohoo!!! Nice one! Hoping to get mine soon too!

Epic #22 is complete. Quad batt module arrived this week being the last stage 2 accesory on the list.
    i am now officially NOT waiting for anything :-)

jas
    Jason Wingrove
    Director, Cinematographer

Web: wingrove.tv
    Twitter: wingrove
    Cohost: The RC Podcast