Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: New Accessories in Stock

Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by M.D. Hilton View Post
    I'd like to see a wooden Aaton handgrip with swat rail mount right onto the gunner, in place of that wheel.
    Quote Originally Posted by M.D. Hilton View Post
    With a rocker switch for start/stop on the grip...
    +1
    For me, nothing comes close to the wooden Aaton handgrip. I've asked x to make one :)
    andy young
    director*dp www.archipelagofilms.com
    vp, special projects www.duart.com
    reel

Quote Originally Posted by Tonaci Tran View Post
    Took this shot just for you Mark.
    Again, just one way of doing it. So many different possible setups..and I will show as many as possible in my review. =)
    For me this setup looks like it would become very uncomfortable for extended handheld use so not very practical in real world use.
    I guess everything is comfortable when you first pick it up and its after holding and using it for an hour that you really start to see the benefits or draw backs of a configuration.

What gets me is seeing product shots of a camera with lens but without Follow Focus or Mattebox which are both needed for real world production use. Like the product shots without cables or batteries, it all looks great and sexy but not very practical in the real world.
    Rory Hinds
    Director / DoP / Colourist
    Mine Films & Mountain DI

http://www.minefilms.com

UK, USA, CANADA, EUROPE & SOUTH AFRICA

IATSE 669 Director of Photography
    VFX, Grading & Finishing

Definitely interested in the gunner but have some of the same concerns as Rory... also, how is that shoulder pad in terms of comfort? Looks pretty small compared to some of the other pads out there.
    • Writer/director of the feature MANCHILD; Watch the short prequel AMATEUR (Vimeo Staff Pick) free online, Shot on RED
    • Founder of nofilmschool, Total Film's Best Creative Blog (RED posts here)

Quote Originally Posted by Tonaci Tran View Post
    I used:

1) http://www.red.com/store/rail-compon...chment-bracket
    2) http://www.red.com/store/rail-compon...clamp-rosetten

This then goes directly on the gunner rail. I'll post more detailed pics soon.
    Thanks, that helps. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Maik Müller Menendez View Post
    Thanks Tonaci, cool pictures, that looks really compact. I'm starting to like the wheel-handle more than i first thought. :)
    I also saw the rig with the LCD on Twitter (https://twitpic.com/88vjc6), how did you mount the LCD on that?
    But the LCD in this picture is way too close to be able to focus on it. Perhaps with some other DNA and a IO of 1inch it would work ;-)

I've not yet seen the best shoulder config (exept of the Clutch wich is a bit too big for me).
    Mattebox, FF, rods... how does it fits the gunner?

Pat

Anyone notice the new releases :)

Quote Originally Posted by MattV View Post
    Anyone notice the new releases :)
    Does anyone know how long the pro battery module will last powering on the Epic?
    I can't see the Wh power of the REDvolt on the product description...

Pat
    Attached Images

People are reporting around 20-30 minutes per redvolt charge

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tresch View Post
    But the LCD in this picture is way too close to be able to focus on it. Perhaps with some other DNA and a IO of 1inch it would work ;-)
    You can slide the lcd forward..it is not fixed..so picture way too close is really dependent on how far off you want it to be. LCD is on a swat rail. Fully adjustable.

Quote Originally Posted by roryhinds View Post
    For me this setup looks like it would become very uncomfortable for extended handheld use so not very practical in real world use.
    I guess everything is comfortable when you first pick it up and its after holding and using it for an hour that you really start to see the benefits or draw backs of a configuration.

What gets me is seeing product shots of a camera with lens but without Follow Focus or Mattebox which are both needed for real world production use. Like the product shots without cables or batteries, it all looks great and sexy but not very practical in the real world.
    I got love for all redusers...but please be mindful that most of us are running businesses...so don't be so quick to shoot me down for posting a supposedly "non production" ready configuration.

On that note.. for those WHO DO appreciate what I post...
    This is a setup with MB and follow focus. I will go into detail on how i configured it in a review I am preparing soon. You can set this so many ways. I have a Zeiss Super Speed Mark I, which is a tiny lens so with larger primes, you can have even more rom for adjustment. I added the V-mount on the back for balance. I can rock without it as well since the camera setup is so small. This rig is smaller in person than it looks in these pics. Anyways.. i have to run. I'll post more after the weekend. I will be using the red gunner on a shoot all day tomorrow. peace