Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: EPIC Stage 3

Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
Results 191 to 200 of 200
  1. #191  
    Senior Member Tehben Dean's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Portland. OR
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Those spreadsheets ( there are a few of them ) are completely useless at anything except for driving you guys crazy :)
    Hahaha :)

    Actually the point is that because while yes the list is no where near complete, there are enough people scattered on it from throughout the entire "field" you can get a pretty good idea of what month you guys have caught up to with processing ;)

    BTW mine just arrived on Monday! I would like to thank You Jarred, Jim, Graeme, Jennifer, Kris, the entire RED team and reduser for this amazing camera and the opportunities this revolution in filmmaking has opened to me.
    Thank you all!
    TEHBEN DEAN - stills & motion
    EPIC-X #557
    www.thedeanbrothers.com
    I love to shoot beautiful things with cameras...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #192  
    Senior Member Russ Fill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    World wide working
    Posts
    911
    Tehben is correct the list has always been just a reference for me to see generally where the process is. I found it very useful as my email from Red was filtered by my computer to my junk mail and I would not have know unless I saw that folks with similar serial and delivery dates were getting their notices and then I looked around my junk mail and was amazed.
    This might be exactly what its for. Not really an exact science but a very useful tool.

    Oh, and my Epic arrived just as I was pulling up from returning from a multi month shoot yesterday. I saw the FedEx truck in front of me as I was driving home from the airport with my wife and thought I wonder if my camera is on that truck not knowing it was. We both pulled up to the house at the same time and what a surprise to come home to. So was my wife because I had not explained the total plan of trading in the R! and having to get a bunch of new gear to make the new one work so thats a hole different story. Kind of wish it happened when she was at work.

    I must say all the reading and talk on Reduser doesn't even come close to the amazing camera it really is when its in your hands and you start to play with what it does and you realize that its yours to do with what you want.... I felt like I was holding a pice of history and the future all at once.
    Jarred, Jim and everyone at RED and I do me everyone, even the guy that sweeps the floor thank you for bringing the camera of my dreams to life...
    Epic CF Dragon (Aerial)
    Epic X (Tribal)
    mindsetmedia@mac.com
    https://vimeo.com/user4448312
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Those spreadsheets ( there are a few of them ) are completely useless at anything except for driving you guys crazy :)
    Scarlet one was pretty accurate within 1-2 people.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #194  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    8
    I got the mail today! In a few days I can send in my R1 #817 (delivered Jan 2009)!

    I'm so exited! I canot believe what happend over the last years and that the whole idea of RED spread over the planet and really changed everything!!!
    It feels so good to be one of the first 1000 that supported RED in their first development phase. I remeber how sceptical everyone was of the idea shooting digital. Even when I got my Camera in 2009 it was hard to convince production companies and DOPs to shoot on RED and the pipelines of the postproduction houses were very basic or not present... And now: Its a worldwide standard! And RED is developing more and more of them!

    Thank you so much to all of you at RED! It is amazing what you have acomplished and the biggest gift for all of usl! It sure was hard work and a long bumpy road to go!
    But I hope you still say it was worth it.

    cheers,
    Hilmar
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilmar View Post
    I got the mail today! In a few days I can send in my R1 #817 (delivered Jan 2009)!

    I'm so exited! I canot believe what happend over the last years and that the whole idea of RED spread over the planet and really changed everything!!!
    It feels so good to be one of the first 1000 that supported RED in their first development phase. I remeber how sceptical everyone was of the idea shooting digital. Even when I got my Camera in 2009 it was hard to convince production companies and DOPs to shoot on RED and the pipelines of the postproduction houses were very basic or not present... And now: Its a worldwide standard! And RED is developing more and more of them!

    Thank you so much to all of you at RED! It is amazing what you have acomplished and the biggest gift for all of usl! It sure was hard work and a long bumpy road to go!
    But I hope you still say it was worth it.

    cheers,
    Hilmar
    no, thank you Hilmar.. !
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #196  
    Senior Member Joseph Q. Simpkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Those spreadsheets ( there are a few of them ) are completely useless at anything except for driving you guys crazy :)
    That's hilarious and true Jared:) However they do relieve some of the anxiety in respect to those that reveal having received their epics and original shipping dates/serial number. Theben Dean has been doing a great job!
    Joseph Q. Simpkins
    Living Water Films, LLC
    310 N. Front Street
    Suite 4 #346
    Wilmington, NC 28401
    www.livingwaterfilms.com
    www.adrenalinethemovie.com
    www.fatalflawmovie.com
    IMDB
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #197  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,042
    They lists were really a therapeutic tool and I fully utilised their medicinal qualities.
    Robert Castiglione
    www.neweditionsfilm.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #198  
    Senior Member Frazier Nivens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Key Largo, Florida
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Q. Simpkins View Post
    That's hilarious and true Jared:) However they do relieve some of the anxiety in respect to those that reveal having received their epics and original shipping dates/serial number. Theben Dean has been doing a great job!
    Actually I found the spreadsheet very useful and as the emails were sent out and the updates were shown on the list, as it went further down the list and yellow started getting closer to my name, it was very close timing wise when the person closest to me on the list got their email, mine came just after that. So, I thank everyone who kept the list up as it was great to have. Having the delivery dates there also helped shed more light on our status.

    For those that didn't put their delivery date, more confusing.

    But thanks to those who kept the list. For me helpful and the camera is in my hands now.
    Frazier Nivens, Ocean Imaging
    www.oceanimaging.com
    skype: fraziernivens
    EPIC X 1994
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #199  
    Member Oscar Ubilluz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Those spreadsheets ( there are a few of them ) are completely useless at anything except for driving you guys crazy :)
    Thanks, I thought the same thing. Everyone is just trying to get a time frame. But there are so many factors in the stage 3 process I guess it's almost impossible to tell. I can't complain about Stage 3 it's amazing and unprecedented, just looking for any info RED can spare.
    Oscar Ubilluz
    DIRECTOR
    MU2PRODUCTIONS
    oscar@mu2pro.com
    www.mu2pro.com

    [ RED TECH + PHANTOM FLEX 4K, 2.5k and MIRO TECH ]

    RED DRAGON : RED EPIC : MOVI m10 : KOWA ANAMORPHIC : ARRI SUPERSPEEDS : LEICA R : PHANTOM FLEX 2.5K
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #200  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    16
    Got my mail today for #6030
    T-Burton
    Cinematographer
    www.T-BURTON.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts