Thread: How to successfully use the "Sizing" information contained on the XML...?

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jake blackstone View Post
    Yes, Gabriel you're correct. If you select just "Apply changes" it will just apply that selection (gamma) and will leave the rest of metadata intact. But if you select "Apply to all" metadata from that shot gets copied to all shots. So, funky Resolve English strikes again:-)
    Thanks Gabriel!
    yep... i got confused as well on that one ...
    glad you solved

g

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Otero View Post
    Jake,

Now I understand your initial intention. So, sorry for my long posting...

Regards,
    It's all good Luis. I'm a happy camper now thanks to RU community:-)

Quote Originally Posted by jake blackstone View Post
    Yes, Gabriel you're correct. If you select just "Apply changes" it will just apply that selection (gamma) and will leave the rest of metadata intact. But if you select "Apply to all" metadata from that shot gets copied to all shots. So, funky Resolve English strikes again:-)
    Thanks Gabriel!
    Hi Jake,

It's "Apply Changes" vs "Apply All".

Apply Changes refers to applying the changed parameters/settings only to the selected clips, Apply All refers to applying all the parameters to the selected clips.

Regards,
    Rohit

Quote Originally Posted by Rohit Gupta View Post
    Hi Jake,

It's "Apply Changes" vs "Apply All".

Apply Changes refers to applying the changed parameters/settings only to the selected clips, Apply All refers to applying all the parameters to the selected clips.

Regards,
    Rohit
    Hi Rohit.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    I guess confusion was due to the fact, that both buttons apply changes to all selected shots. I think, may be instead of "Apply all" I'd rather see "Copy or Apply these settings to all" or something like that? Now both names kinda make sence, but for some reason I feel, that there still may be a better description somewhere due to the fact, that originally I completely missed the meaning of two buttons...

5. #25 HELP:) resolve 9 lite resizing on xml import 
    Hi all

i've read through the thread but still unsure about resolve's resizing :(

I have a project shot it 4k, 3k and a few 2k shots that i edited in PP on a 1920 x 816 red sequence

when i export the the xml and import into resolve 9 all the reframing , the height does adjusts to fill the frame.

I've tried the use sizing information tick box on import of the xml and without with no success.

if i resize in resolve am i using the r3d resolution or is it down scaling to the 1080p time line first?

Its not the end of the world if i have to reframe the shots but i want to know if i'm losing anything

any help would be much appreciated

many thanks

suresh
    SCARLET-X #446
    DocuMovie UK LONDON

Suresh,

As I stated before ( if this has not been corrected in V9) the framing information only works IF the source footage dimentions is at the same as the settings size as you use during grading. Meaning: if the footage is 1080p, it is graded at 1080p, and you render it at 1080, their sizing algorithm is capable to reflect your changes contained within the XML. Otherwise, it will not work.

My advise: render from you NLE the "offline" reference, and go over the entire project and re-do the resizing in Resolv again. We have done it for all our projects, including 3 features (yes, a lot of clips to resize in Resolve using the offline as refence, but it is the only way to do it).

Would love to have Rohit or Peter to tell us if and when the algorithm was/wil be changed to calculate the resizing when the source footage dimentions is different from the final render dimentions.
    Luis Otero

Colorist - Motion pictures painter..

Epic-X #1616 (Old Red One 711)
    I was scammed, and I love it...!

Digital Emulsion -
    Orlando, FL

IMDB: www.imdb.com/name/nm3889059/

Thanks Luis i just released if i changed the decoder settings to premium i am able to resize from the 4k file on the 1920 time line so all good

many thanks

s
    SCARLET-X #446
    DocuMovie UK LONDON