Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: REDucation 2012 Dates and Info

Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Can we still purchase just the 3D class for this Thursday and Fri? I see that its ended on the eventbrite deal but is there another way?

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Christian,

I reopened registration for 3D - it will be at Off Hollywood starting at 9am on Thursday.

Brian

Any chance I could bring a audio field recorder to help me with my notations from the course? I am new to stereography and I don't want to miss anything, but I figured I'd ask ahead of time rather then lug it in for no reason should you guys say its a no go...Thanks!

Thanks Brian

Thats a good question. I'm paranoid about retaining the information. Are there any materials that we are given or are we allowed to document what is taught?

any more details about what i could see at the Open house ?

it mention 4K screenings : it will be on projector ?a 4K projector ? the Red Projector ?

thanks

g

Reducation in NYC was great.

Day one was like drinking from a fire hose. We went into over-time by an hour, and I went back to my room and immediately crashed, dreaming of camera builds. By the end of day two my confidence with the Epic had increased an order of magnitude- even though I've had the camera for several months, and the Red One for several years. Day three was still like drinking from a fire hose, but I am now capable of absorbing fire-hose levels of Red info. :)

Here is the down and dirty for those thinking about the next class (This does not include post production, but I imagine that the same rules apply):

1. Class format:
    a. There is a set agenda that covers the really basic to the really advanced from day one to three- it is all great info.
    b. It is ok to bring audio recorders, and the notes and tutorials are available as downloads
    c. The day is basically broken into lecture, application- hands on, and review on a 4k projector
    d. The application time is a great way to try out accessories you are not familiar with
    e. If there is a specific feature you want to cover (like canon mount rack focus) then make sure you ask your TA about it and set it up for one of your shots

2. Resources:
    a. If you want to focus on the advanced stuff, then find a TA and do a breakout session or skip some of the lecture to cover what you want
    b. If you decide to skip some lecture, make sure it is something you already know well before you decide to skip
    c. The class is designed so that you can cover what you want, just make sure you speak up and let someone know what you want
    d. There are tons of TAs available- all skilled industry people- if they don't know the answer, someone will
    e. The students are a great resource as well, many people there will have a ton of knowledge
    f. prepare to have to think and figure things out with help- this is hands-on, but no one can do the work for you

3. 4k projector
    a. Watching your footage in 4k is invaluable for this camera and workflow
    b. I can't stress this enough
    c. I've been working with these cameras and footage for almost five years and had not seen 4k content until this week- it changes everything
    d. Basically until you see your content in 4k you just don't understand- this alone is worth the price of the class
    e. Make sure you use the application time to get familiar with the camera and shoot as much as possible
    f. Make sure your content gets in the reel for review- you can do this by working with your TA when you decide on shots

4. Ted Schilowitz
    a. I wasn't sure how much "Ted time" would be included in the class- rest assured Ted is in there with you every step of the way
    b. This guy knows red technology and how to hit these cameras right in the sweet spot, as well as RED's design intent which is subtle but important info
    c. Ask Ted questions- I asked a ton, and Ted was there with a smile on his face answering every one
    d. Seriously- I was the extremely annoying question guy (not on purpose- I'm just naturally annoying) and Ted smiled, and answered my questions every time
    J.D. Frey
    dead workers party

I noticed registration for both LA Reducation next week and the LA Reducation open house is still open. Are there still spots available for both events?
    Alexander Thomson

REDucated June 2012

DP for DGDG.com

9.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #179  
    We still have a few spots open for REDucation and the open house registration will be open until the 13th.

Brian

[COLOR=#FFFFFF !important]Reducation carpool?
    I am driving to reducation this week and would prefer to carpool to RSH. Not just gas, but access to carpool lane!

Any others want to carpool? Could even be meet halfway. If anyone replies I will put at the top to make it easier to find.

1. Mission Viejo: Kevin 949-929-9669

Maybe his is a better thread for this...
    [/COLOR]
    Scarlet #518 "Bottle Rocket"
    FyreworxFilms.com