I booted up my Epic-M this morning in lightweight config (brain, side handle + redvolt, lcd and lens) and I got vertical grey banding in the viewfinder and the camera was inoperative. I have tried everything that I can think of and can't get it to work. I have:
1. Switched power sources - redvolt, v-lock, mains adapter.
2. Switched lcd cables ( x 4)
3. Swapped the lcd for the evf
4. Switched SSDs
5. Reinstalled 2.0.5 beta and rebooted numerous times
6. Tried rolling back to 1.7.9 - can't.
7. I tried shooting with just the lens and side-handle - files ranged between 18KB and 880MB, but they just show coloured banding and I cannot recover the content I shot with REDundead.
8. I have removed the SSD unit and tried restoring the system.
I am remote and in Africa - so I really need to sort this myself if I can. I am in contact and getting help from Paul Jones and Alan Piper, REDeurope - but is there something I haven't tried or has anyone experienced anything like it?